PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Fuggettabouttit guys, as soon as it hits I am going after all of it. If they don't have a limit, none of you get any. :nana:
Seriously though, I am just ordering one tin of the Capstan Blue and Gold flakes to see how they are. I am sure since it is Mac Baren involved, supply issues will not be too much of a problem. Thankfully it is not one of the other European mfgs who have no clue how to keep their customers supplied.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
So am I going to be the only one ordering the ready rubbed? I'm still having some fun packing my flakes so I'll start with the ready rubbed.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I wanna try a tin of each flake myself too. I'm soon going to be trying my first flake tobacco, and first virginia at that, Orlik Golden Sliced. If I like it I'll order some of this awesome looking Capstan stuff, I hear its somewhat similar.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I've heard so much about the blue capstan that I can wait to try it...
I'm curious if people would recommend that I try the flake or the mix first?

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Good to hear,
I am a flake fan - a flake was my second ever tobacco. The process around getting flake ready was always appealing in a deliberate sort of way.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I got my eye on you, Harris. This is going to be a race to the finish and may the best man win the Three Nuns.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Yeah, I got the email too. I ordered, but was a little put off by the price. I was only planning for one to try anyways for now...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I got a tin of Blue Flake and a tin of Three Nuns. The Three Nuns more to see how it compares to Villiger 1888 Cocktail Hour rather than to experience the VaPer blend it was in the days of yore.
-Jason
*EDIT* - I'd like to point out that due to my states egregious taxes on tobacco products, with shipping the order for the two tins works out what it would cost me to two tins of Mac Baren blends at my local B&M.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Since its up you guys can close this thread. Hoping mine will come this week, heading out of town next week and would love to have it for the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.