PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Looks like we have a snow day down here in Virginia. I measured 10" at my house. The pic is the view from my backyard deck. I have a new tin of Drew Estate "Grand Central" that I just might have to break open today.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Thanks decigar. We really enjoy it. It's nice in the warm weather to be able to sit out on the deck in the morning and drink a cup of coffee while looking out over the creek. Little too cold to do that today! LOL!

Snowed in here in Alabama too. The roads here, that use a special asphalt designed not to melt in the heat of summer, all turned to a solid sheet of of the smoothest, slickest ice I've ever seen in about 20 minutes yesterday. It was a mess.

I had 10 neighborhood kids stay with us last night as their parents were stranded at work. I had to leave my car on the other side of the bridges into town and walk two miles home from work myself.

We also have a film crew making a movie in my neighborhood, so I've been running errands for them all morning. And, running supplies to the local schools that had kids camped out in them all morning. I've got my Jack London on Today.
Luckily, I have my cellar and a good supply of open tins to keep me happy :D

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Virginia, that is an absolutely gorgeous view for a morning coffee and pipe (of course minus the 10" of snow). Its been so cold out here I don't even remember what above freezing actually feels like. I think we have to be close to 2' of snowfall over the last couple of weeks, the snow is well past my 4 year old's knees when he walks in it! Stay warm!
Cosmic, good on you for being such an upstanding community member and helping out those in need. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.