PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
Is sms a good mid range meerschaum or should i wait for a better meerschaum? - one up for sale on a retailer's site @ $ 80 unused. long churchwarden style.

cant afford the baki etc price range

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
As long as the meerschaum is not pressed, they all smoke pretty good. Price usually dependent on intricacy of the carving, or finish. You might also want to check out Altinook pipes. They have a lot of nice ones. A few years back I had them carve me a real nice skull pipe. Never even smoked it, it's so nice, like a piece of art. Wait wasn't too bad if I remember right. I was on their site last night and they also have some nice ones in stock ready for shipping and have them at all price ranges. Worth a check out.

citrine

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
SMS are fine pipes, I bought one estate from SmokingPipes.com and a second new one from Ebay. As good as any of the Baki and IMP that I owned.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have an SMS meer and it smokes fine, but the stem is probably the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. It is so rounded that it is impossible to clench more than a few seconds to light the pipe. Mine is drilled fine and it smokes cool and dry. If the stem is not a big issue then I think it is a decent quality meer.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I have only one meer, and it's an SMS. I'm very pleased with it. I'd buy another when I'm in the market for a second meer.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
My first meer was an SMS I bought off of Ebay. I still smoke it, and its one of my favorites.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
My first Meerschaums were all SMS.I still have them and smoke them daily.Some are 15 -18 years old.I also buy CAO Meerschaums which I love.Baki's are too much for me,and the ones I have smoke great.I do not bother buying more expensive ones, since I am satisfied with the current ones I have. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.