PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Smoking pipes has a castello sale event going on for the next few days. If you buy one you get a Castello leather tobacco pouch (retails for $70). I always wanted a virgin Castello, so I grabbed this bent billiard. Tough to find a virgin Castello and am looking forward to see how it takes on colour with age and use.
Length: 5.83 in./148.08 mm.

Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.

Bowl Height: 2.03 in./51.56 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.85 in./21.59 mm.

Outside Diameter: 1.64 in./41.66 mm.

Dec 24, 2012
I know Roth. You old guys with your soft and sensitive teeth prefer the vulcanite stems, LOL. Personally, I don't notice any difference, but I use softie bits on all my pipes so that's probably why. I do know that i ain't crazy about the maintenance on vulcanite stems - though I find the modern vulcanite is pretty good in that regard. I have a few old comoys and dunhills though, and if you just look at the stem the wrong way, they turn green. I just have zero interest in using a pipe where I have to worry about such things, but to each his own I guess. Those ones are in the pipe bag and in the drawer.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is A great looking Vergin Peck. I love it!!! You'll love how it darkens over the years. My two Vergins smoke great. As for the Lucite stem, Castello uses a propitiatory formula to make their stems softer. Although not as comfortable Vulcanite, they are much more comfortable than the average acrylic stem.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I picked up a great little OA shape 10 as soon as the email came in.
Been after one for a while an this one is perfect!
Pipe

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking Castello Peck. Great shape and I also like the natural finish. To my mind Castello make some of the best smoking pipes out there. I am constantly reaching for the one I own and the acrylic on that one does not bother me much at all. I keep looking for another one I can steal on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.