PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

autocannon

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Indian Trail, NC
As I am not allowed to smoke inside, I must contend with the weather whatever that may be. I have to say that mid to late fall is my favorite time to smoke. I am greatly looking forward to a time when this summer humidity isn't collecting in my bowl. What is your favorite season to smoke?

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I agree completely with you. The pipe doesn't have that much of an attraction to me on a 100 degree summer day. I'm dreaming of peaceful fall days and the sounds of autumn leaves dancing in a cool breeze.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
In Texas the only weather we have is blistering heat and ice storms twice a year that we call winter. If I had to go by weather alone, I'd say early Summer in Northern California. I wish we could import that climate to Texas.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I smoke outside too. Or in my garage if it's raining. During the summer months I wait till around 9:00PM and it's cooled down. Love to be out during dusk and watch the stars come out. Perfect for enjoying a pipe. In the winter I like shoveling the snow to get warmed up then I stand there by the big door and enjoy a bowl.
Your right though auto, Nothing beats the fall season for being outside doing anything.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
It has to be Autumn for outdoors, also early morning or late evening in the summer. It doesn't get to hot or very dry here often, but I do enjoy a smoke outside when I can! I suppose for me it's more about the absence of rain that decides where I smoke, as such it's been mostly indoors this year!!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Most of the year is good around here (Pacific Northwest). Only the winter storms can get too cold and windy.
Today is mostly sunny, 70 degrees, and I'm just sitting at anchor reading a book all day.
Can't beat that! :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
In Vermont we're fortunate to enjoy relatively cool summers, sometimes too cool! But even on hot days, the evening makes perfect outdoor smoking here.

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Summer can cram it! I hate summer. Anyway.... I love the crisp clean fall air... perfect for enjoying a bowl. My family doesn't forbid me from smoking inside so unless it's early in the morning or later in the evening I will light up inside.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Definantly winter for my cigars which the wife makes me smoke outside, and she lets me smoke my pipe inside year round as long as it doesn't "smell".. which means no latakia blends...

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
Hands down FALL for me. In October I get to walk in the woods hunting upland game birds with the two most beautiful pieces of wood I own, my Briar, and my Browning. Just two more months, can't wait! *claps and giggles* :D

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Anything BUT Nov - March. I'm an outside smoker and live for smoking in comfort on the patio. I suppose warm summer mornings at the best for me. I have a smoking area in my garage, which is insulated and I have a heat source, but I feel so trapped in there. I travel a lot as well, staying in hotels. So I hate the winter. Some winter days are just too darn cold to stand outside with a pipe.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Spring or Fall here, Fall is probably a little bit better. Summer is good too though. Normally 80's during the day but rapidly cools to low 50's in the evenings which makes for pretty pleasant smoking weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.