PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
Hi guys

This might sound like a stupid question and i do feel stupid asking it. I was reading an article about enjoying the flavour more by smoking through your nose, i have been smoking over 40 years and can exhale smoke through my nose but only after inhaling it first. I know it can obviously be done without inhaling but can't figure out how.

Any help or advice appreciated

Wiz
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
yeah thats the one, do you swallow the smoke, i can't figure it out lol

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
img_20171009_020942-600x487.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some choose to always do this. Probably if you are trying to balance between love of pipes and health, the added exposure of more mucosal membranes isn't a plus. So if you don't do it, and enjoy your pipe, probably the common sense thing is not to start. All life is a balancing act. If you never leave the house you will avoid many things that might hurt you or end your life, but most of us aren't staying home. So choose your calculated risks, giving yourself a good chance whenever possible.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
I think i got it now, been practicing with one of my last roll ups, not sure if it's something i want to do on a regular basis, i think the pipe baccy will probably taste better once i finish this rolling baccy.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
If you click on where I wrote retrohaling up above you will see an older thread on this forum discussing as well.. Just sayin.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
@bluegrasspipe, yeah mate i did notice that funnily enough, thought i had thanked you for the link, my mistake, Thanks :)

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
It's all good, I just wanted to make sure you knew that. Also if you use the search bar in the forum there is a ton of good information in old threads. That being said it is more fun to talk to people about it. Enjoy exploring the hobby, and welcome to the forum!!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I have found that retrohaling is an interesting experience. I usually do it a few times per bowl just to sample the extra 'flavor'.
But, if you have a nose like a camel or seal, you can clamp onto the bit of the pipe and actually smoke through your nose, I guess. :roll:

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
I may be the only one, but in addition to retrohaling i will also french inhale (push the smoke out my mouth and inhale it back in through my nose) a little a few times per bowl. I get a lot of flavor that way. Downside is it does mean actually inhaling some smoke, so watch out... but generally i limit it to such small quantities that it isn’t even visible in my breath on the exhale.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
I can't get used to it, i will stick with what i know instead of trying to choke myself.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Draw smoke into mouth. Close mouth. Press tongue against roof of mouth, and breath out. Don't let the smoke go down your throat like an inhale.

Status
Not open for further replies.