PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Hey guys!

Last week came my first tin of Peterson's perfect plug. I got excited, so i puffed on and on for an hour, smoking the plug, a latakia mixture and some virginia. With the latakia i got carried away a bit, so I got the symptoms of nicotine overdose, that is headache, burning tongue, nausea,etc. 3 days ago I went hiking with my friends and it's allergy season around here, although I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know. The hiking involved going through some shallow river parts with our shoes off. Now, my question is, did anyone here got swollen, inflamed throat from smoking, or did it make allergies more likely to occur?

Thanks for the answers.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I imagine it's possible to cause oneself inflammation by over doing a session, but, it sounds like maybe you're just new at the game and still have your newbie sensitivities and tendencies.

If your throat is inflamed, perhaps your technique involves inhalation? That would do it right there.

The sensation of a hot tongue can result from a reaction to the ph values in your tobacco or from too fast a pace or both.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest that they've become more prone to allergies because of pipe smoking, but I have heard that allergies can develop at any time in your life.

Keep a beverage handy when you're puffing and take it easy.

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Thanks for your answer newbroom!

Any advice to avoid things like this in the future? Would appreciate it.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
3P's is a virginia & burley mix there is no Latakia in it.
I find that smoking alot of burley blends leaves me with a rough feeling throat perhaps it's the same for you? If your tongue was burning during smoking it could be as simple as you're smoking too fast

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I was misleading, sorry, I know the plug doesn't have any latakia in it, I smoked 3 blends in a row that day.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
When I was a RYO smoker I used to find I would get a sore throat if I veered from my usual blends (Sampson and Drum) to Golden Virginia or Old Holborn.
I sometimes experience the same thing in pipesmoking when I smoke several entirely different blends in close succession. Perhaps that is your issue too?
Welcome to the forum by the way :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Vld668: 3 blends in a row,maybe a bit ecxessive,

Sometime I'm noticing sometime I've gotten from burley forward blends that dryish sore feeling in my throat,

Jay: Old Holborn blue,My late father used to bring this baccy home,I recall it was nice a Tobacco +Samson Zware shag

Status
Not open for further replies.