PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canvas

Lurker
Feb 13, 2016
I was curious about other members smoking habits. I tend to have about 4 tins open at any given time (with access to a few I shelved in mason jars) and almost always smoke a different blend each day. Each night I will have a few bowls of one blend (depending on my mood) and the next night it will invariably be a different one... once I do finish a tin, a new one enters the rotation.
So, do many of you also rotate blends, or only attack one blend at a time until it is empty (ie. one tin or pouch), or stay true and always smoke the same kind for years, or something else?

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I have 37 open tins or containers of tobacco. I like variety and my mood dictates my tobacco selection. Some days it’s a codger blend other days it might be a straight Virginia or maybe an English. I suspect that you will hear a variety of answers on this site. But the main thing is to make sure you’re using quality sealing containers if you have a lot of open tins.
Smoke on...

Dec 28, 2015
About 30 tins open currently. All stored in mason jars. However I will zero in on a blend periodically and focus on it almost exclusively. But I like variety myself.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
I have probably around 20 blends in baggies I've traded for to sample different blends I really need to smoke or do something with soon. Only about two tins open technically.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I have 9 jars right now but to be perfectly honest, 4 of those are blends that I did not really enjoy after the first bowl. They're sitting in the linen closet for at least a few more months to see if my tastes change.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
I'm erratic.
I have two blends "live" at the moment, since finishing one earlier today. I tend to have maybe three on the go at any time, but tend to focus on one, and just use the others as a bit of a change.
I'd be happy to stick with one blend indefinitely, but I haven't found a blend that I feel that settled with yet.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
99% of my smokes is Carter Hall. I have to be very careful of my other 1%, my mouth tends to hate everything else. Virginia especially. Been this way since I started smoking a pipe 5 years ago.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Variety, yes! It's all good, whether you're smoking one blend or twenty in a given week. I'm somewhere around six open jars, rest in sealed jars or unopened tins or bags.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I usually have 3 aromatics and 4 other tins going at the same time. Then I will have a couple random that I will grab depending on the mood I am in.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
About twenty or thirty. I like my stuff dry, so I crack them, smoke it fresh, see if I like it, and then dip in when I want to until theyre gone.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I tend to have about 4 tins open at any given time (with access to a few I shelved in mason jars) and almost always smoke a different blend each day.
My situation is similar, however I tend to smoke more than one blend over the course of the day. Currently I have Erinmore Flake, Original Choice and a tin of Jubilee open, having just finished a tin of Presby Mixture.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Currently open. Penzance wilke high hat fro Morton ott dunhill

London mixture and McCray England red ribbon. Never codgers or aromatics have about forty variations. Shel

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I don't like to have too many on the go at once. At the moment:
Old Ironsides

Balkan Sobranie

John Cotton No 2

Sherlock's Choice

Frog Morton
I prefer to have just a couple open at any given time.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Due to time shortage, I hardly manage to smoke more than 3-4 bowls per day and this why only keeping couple tins or pouches open at a time, which is a real shame and ridiculous.The forementioned circumstances is a definite result of widely spread smoking bans /restrictions,

Status
Not open for further replies.