Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
10612635_10152651151667889_5727259536948911762_n.jpg

10599672_10152651151547889_3461817977932219009_n.jpg

1897972_10152651151602889_9151633497376980706_n.jpg

10590521_10152651151492889_4667035125152137148_n.jpg

Villiger - 1888 After Diner
First Off, Thank you Cobguy (Darin) for the generous sample of this blend.
Tin Note: First impression smelling the sample is Vanilla Cake batter and cookie dough, reminds me of my wife baking her cupcakes and cookies. 4 out of 4
Initial Light: Lit really well, took a nice slow even flame right after the false light. I received spicy hints during my first puffs, Not hot spicy but the type of spice you get from a Chai Tea it was very delightful and not over powering. Good Perique. 4 out of 4
Mid-Smoke: The burn is traveling down the bowl very slow and consistent in temperature and flavor. This is one of the most complex smokes i think i have had to date. The spice had tuck back just enough to entertain my pallet and it mixed with a subtle sweetness. I was getting a wood like taste every so often it came in and out I wasn't bad tasting but i found it distracted me quite a bit. The wood taste stopped near the end of the mid bowl. 3 out of 4
Bottom of the Bowl: Just as i thought this smoke couldn't get any better, IT DID. The smoke was so full and taste was also very filling, it reminded me of thick and creamy Eggnog and fresh Pine tress in the snow. I don't know why but i can really see myself smoking this blend in the winter outside in the cold it would be accompanied by gingerbread and a Hot Coco. 4 out of 4
Room Note: Had no one to ask but after the smoke was finished the ambiance was peaceful and calm and i Imagined smelling all the things i mention above. Truly was a great smoke. 3 out of 4
Dottle: The ash was thick and fell into dust when touched the burn was slow but it was very consistent and left behind nothing.

Smoking Duration:
50min of bliss
Overall: If you like Chai tea, eggnog and the smell of baking then you need to try this blend. I find myself craving it even as i type this, Truly one of the most complex smokes i have had in a while. The blend of Burley, Perique and Virginia was executed substantially well. 18 out of 20.
Recommendations:
I rubbed out the flake for this smoke and packed it tight, but would be curious as to how it will smoke cube cut.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
CupOJoes has it for 9.99 a tin ill probably order some next week i already made two orders this week. But i suggest giving it a go, im not sure on the age this sample was though hopefully Cobguy can chime in and let us know.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
No but in all honestly i really did enjoy this blend i haven't tried alot of va/pers, i have tried a lot of va/burs though, but this va/per/bur was amazing for my standards.
So try it and let me know if im crazy wrong or just crazy.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Just realized CupOJoes Ships Using UPS!!! Im in trouble lol. They recently tried to charge me 115$ on less then an Oz of sample flakes what the hell they going to charge me on 5 tins. man I dont get how that postal service is still in business.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks for the review Smokeybear--I always enjoy reading your reviews; keep up the great work!
After Dinner has been on my Vaper radar for quite some time and I've been searching high and lo for it here in Switzerland. Strangely shops here do carry tons of Villiger's Early Day (English), Mid Day (aro), and Late Night (VA broken flake with whiskey) and I've bought tins of each but have yet to pop them. Also, these are quite affordable here at around US 10. The proprietor at one shop intends to ask the distributor if After Dinner is available, but she says she's not hopeful as she's never seen it sold here.
There is a rumor that Villiger discontinuing these blends--wondering if others here have heard the same.
Definitely on my "to buy" list the next time I'm in the States visiting family, especially after your strong recommendation.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thank you for the nice comments pipefish I truly hope you are able to acquire some of this blend, only seller that I am aware of carrying it ATM is Cupojoes. And I have read of rumors of there line discontinuing this is why I bought 5 tins right away. If they show up with a decent or no customs charge I may order more. Also there are 52 more blends in my cellar that I currently need to review still and counting so if I run into a similar blend I will let you all know.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Great review smokeybear!
The tin that came from was only around a year old.
I love the way the Perique and "aromatic" Burley interplay into that "Chai Tea" sensation you mentioned.
The Virginia bounces in and out keeping the full bodied smoke just sweet enough.
So glad you liked it!! :D

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Nice price Troutface, im not worried cause if you dont like them ill buy them off you for that same price even the one you open. :lol:
I paid 9.99 but P&C wont ship to Canada so i had no choice.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I love your reviews smokeybear. Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences with these tobaccos. Now I have to add this blend to a cellar that is already raising eyebrows on the wife ... 8O

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thank you very much for the kind words I'm glad you enjoy the reviews because I enjoy writing them. And your words just made me all the more happier to continue doing so. Thank you again.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
This blend sounds delightful. Though I have sort of moved on past the sweet smelling aro-style blends, this one might be able to lure me into picking up a tin to try on my next order.

Status
Not open for further replies.