PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
We went to a wedding in Staten Island, NY this weekend. The Hilton knows how to cater to their smoking customers. Situated in a nice garden with an enclosed space at the rear for when it rains. I made good use of this space.
I2VlEBT.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Excellent others should follow.

We all need somewhere to smoke. Wish other places would do it.

Went to one hotel in a chain, they had somewhere to smoke but in another of their hotels if it rained you get wet!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow...that is really something these days. Kudos to the Hilton for having the courage to bestow human status on tobacco users.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We stayed at a Hilton in New Jersey last spring that had a similar pleasant well-appointed outdoor area that permitted smoking. It was also fine for folks who just wanted to take the air, since there was plenty of space to be away from smokers if you wished. Though it was raining, I had a nice bowl of blend in a cob under a shelter. It was a high point in a trip with a number of high points. Across the street was a Wa-Wa gas station and convenience center that had excellent inexpensive breakfasts and coffee that we preferred to those offered at the hotel. We had a pleasant time.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
We need one of these at every establishment. I'd choose Hilton every time if they had one of these.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
We visited Vienna few years ago with my wife. My brother-in-law was living there and he took us a to a nice hotel called Sacher. The hotel had the best smoking lounge I have seen so far. I don't know if smoking is still allowed there:
KErR5AO.jpg

Good on Hilton.

When we were in New Orleans for the pipe show a few years ago, and the place we stayed had a really nice little cage you could set in and smoke. The cage part made it even cooler, because you could watch the folks walking past to the Quarter without worrying about them. And, they got to view the elusive pipe smoker in his habitat. It was nice with furniture and plants and such. :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Maybe this is a first step for tobacco activism: argue that we are so awful that we need special rooms to smoke in. Once they exist everywhere, we can start adding some exclusivity to the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.