PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I've been meaning to do this for over a week now but just plain have not got around to it, shame on me. I wanted to make a quick post to back some of the other recent threads regarding the generosity and hospitality that members of this forum have shown in the past and continue to show. I was the latest victim to this generosity and welcomed it with open arms. After recently posting a thread or commenting in another members' thread, i forget which, i mentioned something about really wanting to see what all the hype was about with Stonehaven, but it would probably be a decade before i could get my hands on some. Well, not long after a gracious forum member, whose name shall remain anonymous(you know who you are), sent me a message asking for my address so he could send me a sample of the coveted Stonehaven to try out. I was taken back by the surprise offer and very excited to finally try the blend at the same time. A few days later i get an envelope with a very nice typed letter and a vacuum sealed (great idea and pretty cool) pouch of i think 6 or 8 flakes, with a year or two of age on them nonetheless! I PM'd said forum member thanking him humbly for his donation and generosity. I told him i would not forget the kind gesture. I smoked a few bowls of the sample and still have a couple left and this stuff is very very good. I would smoke the shit out of it if it were readily available and i could actually buy an 8oz. bag, but i haven't seen any pigs flying lately and do not feel like passing out holding my breath for it to come available. I don't think it is worth overpaying for, especially at the outrageous prices some scalpers try and succeed in getting away with charging on ebay. I will remain on the lookout though, and when i eventually find it, this anonymous forum member shall not be forgotten. I literally made about 30 phone calls to tobacconists across the country and put my name on 6 or 7 lists for those who operated in such a manner to receive a call/email when they get some in to buy. We'll see what happens.
Anyways, i digress. THANK YOU again brother for the simple yet MUCH appreciated generosity. It is yet another example of the character and nature of the members on this forum as well as the pipe community as a whole. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful rest of the week! :D :puffy: 8)
Happy Puffing,

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.