PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Which if any of McClelland's bulk tobacco is comparable to Frog Morton Cellar. I just bought a tin, and am really impressed, if they sell something similar in bulk I would like to give it a try. ANy suggestions?

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
oh well... I have many many more tobaccos to try. so far FMC and Escudo are the best i've tried so far.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Try McC 5125 coyote classic. It's not the same but I think it's close. It has a very light topping that I can't figure out.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Ok i just figured out what TAD was all about... ordered some more FM Cellar, and some FMOTB. I also bought some McC 5125,(i'll trust ya supdog) and some Lane's Q1. Eileen's Dream and some ESP becasue I heard a lot about both of those too. oh and a few more tims of Escudo...

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
While it's not 100% the same, I think that Shortcut to Mushrooms from Just for Him is a very close second to FMC.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Lucky, did you get a chance to try the 5125 yet? I'm curious to hear what you think. I don't think i've seen anyone talk about it on the forums and it would be nice to see what other people think about it.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Hey, that's funny. I just tried it last night. While it wasn't exactly like it, it was really close, a little more robust but I did indeed like it. Thank you for the suggestion Dog.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
just had bowl number 2 of the 5125, and i do like it a lot as well. bit more of a tongue bite and maybe a bit more vitamin N.... thanks again Dog.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Frog's Cellar was the first introduction to Latakia that I actually enjoyed and has since rolled me into so many other blends.
I would highly suggest you give Hearth & Home's Magnum Opus a try. They sell it in both tins and in bulk. Then I'd step from there on up to their Black House. Both are fantastic lat blends with Magnum Opus leaning more towards Oriental tobacco's.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Lucky, just had a bowl myself. It is good stuff. I think I need to get more of this to add to my cellar (mostly 1-2 oz samples), I'm still searching for my go to blends. 5125 is going to be on that list.
Fitzy, MO & BH are great blends. I think Ambassadors blend is right up there with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.