PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
They took me from work tonight, to the Emergency Room. I could not take a full breath and was still working away on partial breaths when they came and got me. Bottom line, lung infection, swelling and inflamed and pluericy. After half a dozen tests, the Doc. gave me a shot that enabled me to take a few full breaths because my right lung was deflating. Three prescriptions to fix er up. Off work until Tuesday now, which sucks, especially as I now have to figure out how to smoke with this problem. LOL, any suggestions?

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
DON'T for now... your tobacco will wait for you. Get well Fisher.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope you feel better soon. Definately hold off in smoking till you are finished with medications. Respiratory infections can be difficult at times and you need to be careful.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ya, I slept late today, got up at 1:00pm after going to bed at 5:00am. Still can only take 3/4 of a full breath. Coffee in front of me and I am looking at my pipes pretty hard right now. I do inhale about 50% of the bowl but am wondering if I am able to have a bowl full and concentrate on NOT inhaling at all.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Get better soon, man. If it were me, I'd baby the lungs until the meds were done, but that's me and my lungs. YMMV. :)

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
PLEASE resist the temptation to light up until you're 100%. You might try what I did, last year, when I was hospitalized and couldn't smoke. I had my wife bring me a couple of recently smoked pipes, put them by the bedside, and took a whiff of the bowls from time to time. A little scent of Latakia, some Sunset Breeze, and handling the pipes -- not as good as the real thing, but the next best thing under the circumstances.
And, I hate to say it, but you might want to give up on the inhaling once you're recovered.
Get well soon!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Get well soon and definitely hold off on that pipe for a while.
Those pipes will be there waiting for you when your healthy again.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Really sorry to hear it fisher. We feel your pain.
I don't inhale - but inevitably, some gets inhaled. When I was sick with the flu and on the upswing, I smoked a bit earlier than I should and regretted it. A full month+ later I wound up having to stop completely for a full week just to let my lungs properly clear themselves.
In your condition, I doubt you could keep from inhaling enough - even a little will have serious effects I imagine.
Stay strong - you'll get through it.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Get better, once you hit 100% just catch up on the smoking. Probably need a 1 week smoke-a-thon. Bring in a pit crew to keep you hydrated, and to pack the pipe.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Take this time to organize and build up your cellar lol.
Hope the lung heals up nicely!
Happy No Smoking!

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
One more, Get well soon Fisher. Listen to your Doctor, and smoke when he gives the OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.