PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, I will, even though it's not in hand just yet. It's nosing around Southern CA, and I hope to smoke it soon.
Photo credit: Ken Barnes, maker. It's an Apple sitter, and I am chuffed.
0pCLGVT.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
So you got it. I had my chance at it and agonized over it but painfully declined - just a tad heavy for what I was looking for at the time. It is a gorgeous pipe though and knew it would get snapped up. Congratulations.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
He has advised me that he can make a blast, but it’s true his forté is smooth, straight grain pipes. That said, the fellow who I believe would actually do the blast for Ken does great work.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Wonderful apple shape with saddle stem. I bow down at the altar and send my love.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Haven't seen any, and think he gets great ebauchons and prefers smooths.
Kinda sad. Some of the most gorgeous ring grain blasts come from straight grain blocks.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Thank you and nope, Scandpipes. I happened to log on right after the first batch was posted and had my pick. There was also a plateau topped bent Dublin that was absolutely gorgeous but the chamber was just too wide for me. I couldn’t be happier with this one and I’m thrilled Ken is carving again.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Just never caught the grain bug. It darkens over time and with smoking. I always preferred the tactile appeal of a blast when smoking.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
All I'm saying is that I prefer blasts, and with an eye for grain that Ken has, I'm sure he could pick out some blocks that could provide gorgeous textures when sandblasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.