PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
After numerous requests (okay, two) to show my Peterson spigots, here they are. From left to right:
Peterson Dublin Spigot

Peterson Kapp Royal 106 (technically a military mount, not sure it qualifies as a genuine spigot)

Peterson Rosslare Spigot 107

Peterson 106S Ebony Sterling Spigot
pete-spigots1-600x348.jpg

pete-spigots2-410x600.jpg

And I finally filled my 8-pipe rack with entirely Petes:
petes.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love those Petes, a good mix of finishes.
Just two in my cabinet.
A Ferndown Tudor Root (2 Star)
SOLD
And, a James Upshall B grade with a Cumberland stem by Floyd Norwood.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice Petes, Six! The Kapp is my favorite!
You too, Jones! I love that Ferndown!
Alas, I don't have any spigots. I do have roughly 1/2doz. military mounts. If those count, then I could post a pic.

All are beauties. Oddly enough, I have become infatuated with the straight spigots also. I have a my first Ferndown on the way. I have looked at the Petes. But, I have to get my PAD under control with Christmas coming up. I may have to send my family after my next few pipes, so that I can afford to make their Christmas worthwhile.
But, you gents have some great smokers there. I'm jealous. :)

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Here's my Ferndown ** Bark.

ferndown-600x448.jpg

@Cosmic, if your Ferndown is new I suggest wiping out the bowl with some alcohol first. First smoke in mine was terrible until I wiped out the bowl with some alcohol (careful not to get any on the outside of the bowl). I used up at least 20 Q-tips and a few cottonballs and wiped out plenty of purple/black stain.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice spigots guys! I have one that is a pot shape with a little bend. It's perfect for the English style blends I love like Old Dublin, Skiff or McB Plumcake.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great looking spigots everyone. Love the silver work on Petes and Ferndowns.
Beautiful Six! Thanks!
Thanks Chris - been wanting to make this post for a while actually.
castellarius - that castello is gorgeous!

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Thank you guys! The Castello spigot has been created for a shop im Milano selling knives, pipes, expensive shaving stuff etc. as it has LO stamped on the shank, and LO was for the pipes created for that shop in the 80s (LOrenzi coltelleria - Lorenzi cutlery).
Here is the Peterson Spigot rusticated. I really love that one.
kdhc.jpg

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
I don't know if you can qualify this as Spigot, I think so but not sure, waiting for your input.

It's a Peterson Royal Irish (not the Rosslare Royal Irish, this is Royal Irish natural serie of the 80's/90's)
d2m0.jpg

Is this a spigot ?

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That is a beauty castellarius. I think maybe I like the radius on the shank better than the sharp and abrubt 90 degree end on my pipe.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Thank you guys, I really think that Peterson is producing some of the best spigots pipes.
There are some from Il Ceppo, Ser Jacopo and some from other italian producers that imitate the Petersons...and I'm actually "hunting" from a specific model of Ser Jacopo spigot, but it's hard to find...and pretty expensive, so I'm looking for something to appear used on ebay...but all in all imho Petersons are the best spigots out there.
Really hoping to get a green spray spigot...it would be nice to smoke it for Christmas, sort of Christmas pipe :) Al PAscià have some of them, but not exactly the shape i'd like to get.

I know green spray is odd on a pipe...but it really reminds me to Christmas :)
@Bentmike: I really like yours, it looks like a toughh pipe, something that could really have been in the pockets of 1st World War officer...

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
@ssjones & sergemoat
The Ferndown are both wonderful pipes. Also the Upshall are excellent, didn't know he made spigots. Wow...really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.