Show Off Your Tomato And Author Pipes Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
This will be added to the sticky "Show Off" section.

image85-600x282.jpg

Here's my only pipe that fits this category, it's a Royal British "207". This pipe has nice lines, nice grain and smokes like a champ!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Who sells the Royal British 207? I have two author shape pipes, a Peterson Kapet rusticated 1/8 bent,

and a Luciano 1/8 bent smooth. It's a great shape with a nice broad bowl for English and aromatic blends.

They have a little more style than my pot and do the same job.

tinpan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2013
Did some one say tomato?
IMG_0715-vi.jpg

IMG_0716-vi.jpg

IMG_0717-vi.jpg

IMG_0718-vi.jpg

IMG_0720-vi.jpg

IMG_0721-vi.jpg

All by Rad Davis...a few years ago i ran into Rad at the CORPS show. I think it was the first or second year he was selling pipes. I snagged all of these and a couple others he had as soon as he set up. I had to leave them on his table though, so he had something to show folks.
Whilst we are on the topic of tomatoes, Abe Herbaugh has one for sale on his site someone should snag,

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
v5y0jb.jpg

From Top: Rattray's Old Gowrie

Savinelli Roma Lucite

Savinelli Antique Shell

Savinelli Trevi

Rattray's Butcher's Boy

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Author fans:
Briarworks is doing a neat deal... I think it's only through Smoker's Haven... it's the Reddit POY Author...

4 different finishes - 4 different prices $95-$175 plus a stem option.

Pretty Cool.
Personally, I prefer the tan blast with the cumberland stem.
...and pipes and cigars has a few cool Hilson Rainer Tomatoes for a very sweet price (relatively)

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
amended:

1) It's Buckeye Pipes, not Briarworks that is doing the Custom Author Deal through Smoker's Haven.
Go to the Smoker's Haven home page and type: "buckeye author" in the search bar.
2) I am really not sure if I am allowed to post a link~ I should really ask a mod one of these days. I see some people doing it - I see others not doing it...
anyway - cool deal

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
amended:

1) It's Buckeye Pipes, not Briarworks that is doing the Custom Author Deal through Smoker's Haven.
Go to the Smoker's Haven home page and type: "buckeye author" in the search bar.
It's an easy thing to confuse. The stummels come from BW and are hand finished by Buckeye (aka the guys that make Chedda pipes). Good tip by the way. I like the tan blast too, but there isn't a dog in the bunch.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I've recently started looking at these style of pipes. All of the ones pictured in this thread are great looking pipes! How well do they smoke as compared to a freehand?
Cheers,

Jared

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have two Savinelli authors, but I don't have pics of them. I do have pictures of a squashed tomato and a tomato that Basil Meadows made me, so I'll post those.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I love those tomatoes, tinpan. Great pipes.
There's nothing like a tomato for hand-feel. Very comfortable pipes. Here are some of mine (first two Chris Asteriou, then Maksim Nazarenko, Gianmaria Galboni, Boris Starkov)
image.jpg8_zpsj7qrgx0g.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsllwfuagt.jpg

image.jpg1_zps8l6m65zf.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsq4es1h29.jpg

6c5dfc98a0d42969a39e2c059c010938_zpsho6o2esm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.