PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
IMG_0275_zpsze4o7qeg.jpg

Here's a Rattray's. It's from the upcoming line known as "The Clan". This a rusticated strawberry shape... the tobacco is LJ Peretti's Cuban Mixture., as I'm not thinking about balkans in this guy.

The bowl is wide, but shallow.

Also it's 9mm. This is my second Rattray's -- the other is a Shortfellow; my early morning trail pipe (see avatar, in a downpour).

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Here's some Strang-Curly getting ready for a ~100 year old WDC French briar Lock-Mount. Far from mint condition, but gets the job done well!

2UemjeN.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Haven't seen Smokeybear around here for many months ... hope all is well!
Here's a few pics to add to the thread ...
De-stemming some Lemon Virginia:
15%2B-%2B1

Home-made twist/rope:
15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B1

Nubbin' it:
15%2B-%2B1

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks Weez!
It's all natural with no casing so it's a little more "edgy" than most tinned blends ... think Big N' Burly
However, I like it a lot and will improve upon the flavor next time with a light sugar water casing.
PM sent, btw! :puffy:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Probably put me in the hurtlocker ...
LOL ... it has a pretty good kick but not "turn you green, spin the room" strong. :D
think Big N' Burly

Mouth watering...
I know, right? That one and OJK are at the top of my C&D favorites. :puffy:

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Snowyowl - Would you mind explaining why your pipe is upside down in the picture? Also, welcome. This is a great forum, with great people that can provide a...virtual sense of community is the best way to explain it.

canuckken

Lurker
Sep 18, 2015
Airdrie
Being a newb I probably screwed this process up, especially seeing how I did no research whatsoever. I had 4 or 5 blends that I could not smoke so I did my own experiment and mixed them together and gave them an Apple Bud Light bath. Not sure where else Apple Bud is sold but we have it here in Canada. The tobacco was un-smokable for myself so I figured I had nothing to lose and maybe I would get lucky and wash out those nasty flavors. Here is a picture of it drying.
DBFYDqH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.