PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
I recently began a quest to find tobaccos from local shops. It began when I fell in love with a couple of blends from Boswell's. Then I found a blend I added to my "love" list from Milan Tobacco's in Raleigh. This past week I tried LJ Peretti's and bought about 8 different blends to sample. Honestly, didn't find the Peretti blends to my liking.
So, what local shop should I try next?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've bought some blends from 4noggins. Very fine folks. If you're adventurous there is James Fox in Dublin, Ireland. I buy my plugs through them. Their service is outstanding. 5 days from order to my house in Pa. Of course, with the euro gaining on the dollar it is expensive but you won't pay the VAT, which is substantial.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I would try some from Paul Bonacquisti's shop Park Lane tobacco in Clifton Park NY. He has some great English blends. I haven't tried any of his aromatics.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I just lit up some Uhle's #255. They have some interesting blends that go back to the 1930's and their packaging is very good using heavy duty zip lock bags. Keeps tobacco fresh for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.