PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I was on a quest yesterday for a tin of Tobacco. I was not being overly picky but wanted something a little more pleasing to me than typical drug store blends. I decided I would make the 45 minute trek into my nearest city and try Shefield & Sons as I remembered that although not great when I had been there before they had 1 cabinet with some Brigham pipes and small variety of tobacco. The Following is take from their web site as a description.
Shefield & Sons® stores have been in malls across Canada since 1976. Shefield & Sons® is a tobacconist offering the following to its customers:

an extensive tobacco section with a large display of cigarettes, pipes, pipe tobacco, fine cut tobacco and rolling papers - all priced at very competitive price-points;

a wide selection of cigars from many countries, including Cuba; and

smoking accessories including the ever-popular Zippo lighters and cigar humidors for the home.
Now I am sure 99.9% of Canadians are familiar with Shefield and Sons and know that it is what it is and expectations should not be that high. However when I arrived there I was not only shocked but saddened to see the one small cabinet that once held 20-30 pipes and other essentials was reduced to 1 shelf and the rest was now full of glass pipes, rolling papers, and flavored tobacco products all geared to the marijuana trade.
I understand us pipe smokers are a small minority and probably shrinking but I have a hard time accepting that a national chain who advertises them self as a tobacconist abandon a legal trade in support of one that is still against the law in 99% of the content.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I avoid Shefield & Sons like the plague. They usually employ uneducated people, at least when it comes to tobaccos, and they carry products that, in my opinion, belong at the bottom of the barrel, but sold for a premium price.
Where in Canada are you located Derrick?

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
I went there once looking for pipe cleaners....totally useless business, even walmart has a better tobacco selection!

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
Where in Canada are you located Derrick?
I live about 2 hours north of Toronto. However I have taken a job in the Toronto area (Mississauga) so I now commute down to the City Monday morning and Stay the Week, returning home Friday evenings.
Like I said I My expectations were not high, I was hoping for a tin of Petersons or even Mr "B" (brighams tobacco) It was just sad to see all the Pot paraphernalia taking over the whole cabinet.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, we have one here in Ottawa, orleans area.
Best thing I found was Zippo fluid half price....

Status
Not open for further replies.