PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I got into the show on Thursday night. I forgot they were having a cigar event and was excited to see lots of smoking going on in the tent already. I wandered around looking for a familiar face and spotted Lestrout. Upon talking to him realized that most of the guys sitting at his table were from PM. I sat next to Allan and we became fast friends and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with those guys. In our perusing of the wares offered in the hotel rooms I got to meet Tom Richard. He is a german pipe maker and I had bought one of his pipes at the Briary a couple of years ago, one of my prize pipes. It was great to meet him and chat. Allan ended up with one of his pipes as well.

Here is a selfie with Tom Richard, I had actually smoked his pipe all afternoon and show it here.

The Swap meet was on Friday, and it was bigger than any pipe show I had ever been to up until that point and after looking at close to 1000 pipes I decided to buy my first acquisition, a Ryan Alden. Here are some pics of the Swap Meet in the Smoking Tent on Friday.

Saturday was of course the main event. I took pics of pipes that I thought were cool or different as well as hoping to give an idea of the sheer volume of what was offered. Also hoped to meet a few pipe makers and see their wares. Zack from our forum, Micah Cryder, and Jeff of J. Alan pipes. All were in attendance and all had some beauties and were fun to talk to. Here are the pics I took of pipes.

J. Alan's pipes

And more from the show

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Shaintiques, One of my disappointments from the Chicago Show is that I did not see you. But, you saw me. I am wearing a leather cowboy hat in your second picture of the Friday morning event. Maybe next year we will connect.
Winton

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You made some nice choices for your photos. Those weaves are interesting, and some of the blasts are amazing, but the quantity of gracefully crated "naturals" by Viparti is rather amazing.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
These are great pics! Thanks for taking the time to share them. I love seeing these.

lmbgator

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Thanks for posting! Several of the pipes that I bought I can spot from your pictures of the table at the Smoker's Haven.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow, great pictures Dave! Looks like the show to go to. Are those Konstantin Shekita pipes 2nd and 3rd from the bottom?

Beautiful!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Lol - "pipe overload"? Is that from a parallel universe? ;) Dave - great seeing you again. You are fixin' to be a regular at pipe shows. Wonderful pix - I thought I scoped everything out several times, but some of your pix showed me I have to be more diligent next year.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.