PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Had a great time today and got to meet some fun forum members. I took about 30 restored estates and ended up selling over half of them. I didn't rack up on pipes or let PAD overcome me too much, I just bought one, but I am reaping the TAD rewards from my sales. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I had a lot of fun, smoked about 7-8 bowls of tobacco and met some fine folks, plus getting to look at lots of nice pipes. I ended up buying a Neerup Cherrywood with a beautiful flame grain. At the show I also ventured into Burns Tobacconist and bought a tin of Stave Aged Virginia 33 and I bought about 4 ounces of an aromatic produced by the Humidor Pipe Shop in Huntsville, AL, a blend that tastes just like Nording Labrador, theirs is called Coffee Cake. They boasted to have 1500-2000 pipes in stock, sounds like a road trip is in order. Then when I got home I ordered 8 more tins of F&T Cut Virginia Plug, a tin of Rattray's Marlin Flake, a tin of Christmas Cheer 2013, and half a pound of Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake. So today's haul was a pocket full of presidents, a very nice Neerup, and over 2 lbs of tobacco.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
You guys who went are so lucky, one of these days I will go to a pipe show. Until then nice pipe and hope you had fun.

~Ron

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That is a great looking pipe with a great looking grain.
Glad to hear you had a good time at the show, but how could it be otherwise? :)

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
That pipe is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like it's on fire. I bought my guitar for the same exact reason.
Artist-3.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It is my first Neerup, politicalmonster (Erin) has one and loves his. I've been looking at them for awhile and the guys at the Uptown Smoke shop have reasonable prices, I'm going to fire it up tonight with some Stave Aged 33.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Just to be able to sit around all day smoking pipes, and socializing with others enjoying their pipes was worth the trip. Then add all the tobacco samples, neat pipes to see, music, and the slow smoke competition. It was an awesome day, glad I got the chance to make to the show.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just smoked the Stave Aged 35 in my new Neerup. The pipe smokes great, maintains a good temp even for a new pipe and didn't get too hot. The stave aged was also good and I would buy more of it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That is a fantastic looking pipe Dave, seeing all these pictures from the show makes me want to put a show together even more up here. Hmm I feel a new disorder coming on, Pipe Show Jealousy Disorder (PSJD). Hope the hand is feeling better.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Glad it smokes as good as it looks Dave!

It was a blast to meet everyone at the pipe show, and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.