Ser Jacopo Picta 01. Lust for the grain...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
Scored an amazingly beautiful Ser Jacopo Picta 01 this week... all the way from Italy. The grain is surreal!!! This one is as much fun holding in my hand as any smoke I've ever had. Gorgeous part of my collection. I'm proud of this baby!
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
It is freaking immaculate! Just holding it in your hand gives me special powers. Ha! My next pipe I hope will be the Delecta 25th Anniversary . Just have to find it for sale somewhere. I have no idea where to look.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Fantastic Grain, I love the birds eyes on the rim. The shape looks very comfortable to hold. Congratulations.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
The distributor for Ser Jacopo lists new pipes on eBay from time to time. I think I might have their screen name someplace, if I can find it I'll shoot it your way. By the way, that pipe is BOSS.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
have to find it for sale somewhere
Its tough finding a deal on the higher grade Ser Jacopos.

Hell its tough finding a deal on any SJ !

Beautiful pipe you found there though. I've owned lots of SJs and they were all great smokers.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
adam12 i'd love that screenname if you ever get it. is it puffin something? I have this lust for Sj's lately. Gotta get as many as possible for the end of the world in December. Ha!

adam12

May 16, 2011
I dunno, I have it bookmarked in my old eBay profile for which I cannot remember the password. I will keep looking.
They are one of my favorite pipes for several reasons. Traditional shapes, but when they do go out on a limb, it isn't crazy far - they still retain that excellent Italian craftsmanship without being in outer space. I also like a wider stem and they seem to do that alot. Also, the grain is usually top-notch, not far from Il Ceppo in terms of perfection, I really think since around 2000 their quality has upticked. Then, there is something quite unusual about their pipes - every one of them that I have owned (probably 5 over the years) has been an excellent smoker without being bulky. I mean they all seem really SOLID and fit my hand perfectly without being too bulky or unattractive.
They just do things right over there. They're my fave Italian next to Il Ceppo.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
I agree totally with you Adam12. Ever heard of a pipe carver named Giacomo Mora? He's making me a dream pipe now. Hopefully be ready in a couple months. This guy's work is sick!
Also, I wonder if dinopuffin is the name of the ebay screen name you're talking about. If you find it that would be great. I got my eye on another one... looks a little different from other SJ's I've seen. Has the name LA FUMA - PULCHRA on as well as SJ. I'm a little leary. It looks fabulous though just not sure. I'm still learning about the SJ's. Do you know of another website where I can investigate more about the SJ's? The only other website I visit is Marble Arch Ltd. but it looks like their site hasn't been updated for quite a few years.

adam12

May 16, 2011
There are actually several dealers from Italy that sell Ser Jacopo on eBay, that might be one of them. But the one I was thinking of was actually their main distributor, this was back in 05-ish. I'll keep looking.
Mora has an solid following, I've never smoked one of them.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
WOW! That really is a beauty. That particular shape, size, style, grain, everything about it is very appealing. I have often thought of acquiring an SJ one day...have read good things about them many times. I've looked them over on line a few times, and have always noticed something about them that seems very unique and compelling.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Great looking pipe there, wonderful grain. I can see how you could get special powers from it. Nice find indeed! :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great looking pipe! Park Lane in NY always has some SJ's in the case. They are showing 15 on their web page, great folks btw. (one clerk is from MD)

http://cigarsandpipes.com/pipes/pipes-n-z/ser-jacopo.html?limit=60

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
One of the advertisers here at PM.com, Al Pascia, usually carries a nice variety of SJ's.

Prices are competitive, but check this out... I ordered an SJ from them at 11:00 PM on a Wednesday night,

and I received the pipe that Friday morning! They Fedex'd the pipe from Milan to Paris to Chicago in about 33 hrs!

Talk about super service! Check out my original post with pix near the bottom of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.