PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Afternoon friends,
Yours truly, along with Smokeybear, brdavidson, damnyak and Cavendish will be holding a burner and swap-meet on September 21st from 11am - Whenever we decide to stop in Etobicoke, ON. We're going to pot-luck the event, bring our friends and families, and as much of our collections and cellars as we can fit into a used (but laundered) hockey bag.
Festivities will include:

- uh... smoking a bowl, or two, or three

- "oohing" and "aaahing" over everyone's pipes

- pipe/tobacco/tobacciana swap

- eating

- drinking (non alcoholic beverages 'cause we're in a public park)

- jawin'
We're hoping YOU will join us.
We'll be here: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Colonel+Sam+Smith+Park,+Toronto,+ON&hl=en&sll=49.303974,-84.738438&sspn=7.250236,21.621094&oq=colonel+sam+smith&hq=Colonel+Sam+Smith+Park,+Toronto,+ON&t=m&z=14
Holler at any of us for more info.
-- Pat

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
DUDE, that sounds like an awesome time. Please take plenty of pics and post a "This is how it went" thread
Have a great time :puffy:
Dan

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I'm excited for sure. I doubt my wife and daughter would come since they both think it's 'boring'. I don't know if I have any pipes to swap since I love every single one I have but some tobacco will come with me.
Question about potluck; Is there going to be a list as to what everyone would bring? (different dishes, snacks, drinks, plates, napkins)

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My daughter calls me and Pat "Pipe Nerds" and just shakes her head at us. :rofl: Convincing her to come might be a difficult task, the wee man has his own pipe (a mini corn cob) and may just be willing to join us! Nick, don't forget your fishing gear, I need lessons!!!

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Well it's about time you guys decided to come to the West End.

Count me in! I'll make sure I mark it on my calendar.
Shutterbug

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Theres no convincing them lol. Too much guy stuff for my girls. I'll be carpooling with smokiebear and hopefully my buddy Jake will cone along. I asked him this mornibg and he said maybe. The more the merrier I always say lol.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I was thinking about this at work tonight and how much fun it's going to be. The wife is totally not interested in coming so it's a guys day for me lol.
In regards to food and beverage. If we all byo refreshments theres no dissapointment in the fluid category. For food how about salads, dips and a few baked goods? Any kind of salad, macaroni, caesar, broccoli, potato. Dips could be veggies and dip, taco dip with tortilla chips, etc. Cookies and squares for treats?

Just a thought guys. Lets brainstorm together and we can all make this an event to remember!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have a portable propane grill that I can bring home from the trailer to cook on. I'll make a pot of chili and we can re-heat it on the BBQ.
Nick, I think I'll be solo as well, I'm sure I'll be looking for a sanity day after school starts!

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm, that sounds like fun. It's the day after my 40th and there's a TFC match at 4PM, but maybe I can convince the family to make the hike out before the game.
Thanks for the invite!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It'd be a pleasure to have you there jdto.
@ jdto and shutterbug - Flip me a PM with your email address so I we can coordinate logistics (re. food and stuff)
Hope you both can make it!
-- Pat

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I was going to make some country style 'slaw and a couple pans of my grandmas chocolate brownies.
One note on food allergies for everyone going. I have an allergy to MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) and I know alot if people have to eat gluten free. By letting everyone know if you have an allergy there shouldn't be any mishaps for our meeting.
@brdavidson: I only have one daughter who is 11 (going on 15 lol) she's not bad but I totally hear ya on the sanity day needs bro lol. I usually escape to the river but come hunting time my solitude happens in the bush lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.