PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Well for some reason, I decided to fire up an over the counter tonight. Carter Hall. I picked it up a couple months ago when I was on vacation in the Poconos. I also went against my rules and put it in an unsmoked pipe. I usually always kick off a pipe with nightcap, but for some reason this just went wonky.. The pipe was part of Pipesandcigars deal a couple months ago.. spend this much and well send you a pipe!. The first one was stolen in transit. :( but Pipesandcigars sent a replacement very fast! Ive looked but cant find much info on the pipe.. Its got ROMA on the side. Savinelli maybe? Im not sure... But let me say, Carter Hall is unbelievably good!!!!! Im dumbfounded that I have never tried it before.. And the Roma pipe is incredible as well.. It has the perfect bend. it just fits... Theres a pic of it in my album. Im not even gonna try to post it, this site hates me. LOL .
OH and BTW thanks to Smokingpipes and pipemagazine for the Kiribi Lighter for the cartoon contest. Thought It would be a cheapy, but they sent a top of the line Boss!!!!! Love this lighter!!!!!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Congrats all the way around. Glad it ended up working out for you.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Told ya !
Well, maybe not you directly - but other guys.
Welcome to the CH 'community' ;)

Mar 1, 2014
This sounds like another good confirmation that Carter Hall is one of the best beginner blends on the market. It's not misrepresenting what Pipe Tobacco should be, and it's one of the easiest blends to work with.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I agree. I can't count the number of people who have reported on forums over the years that they break in their pipes with CH.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I did the same offer - got the Roma they call a billiard, although it looks like a poker with a slightly rounded bottom to me. Maybe 1/8 bent. I broke mine in with Lane RR.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I also got one of those Romas in the same deal. I thought "cheap basket pipe" when I first got it but damn, it's one of my best smokers. 1/4 bent Dublin with saddle stem. Absolutely one of my favorite shapes.
Ah, so Carter Hall got you too huh? I immediately bought a tub after trying it and it's probably perfect for breaking in new pipes. Also makes a really good mixer to tone down a harsh blend or add a touch of sweetness.
I've definitely gotten away from aromatics but Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is also very addictive and makes an outstanding mixer.

thedbs999

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2018
Wheeling, WV
Oh yea, Cater Hall is good stuff. My go to tobacco. Iam now trying some other blends. I got some Sutliff 965 match and am liking it too.
Dan

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
The only real burley blends I've had so far are Pegasus and PS Cuebcut. I especially like Pegasus, but enjoy both. How does Carter Hall compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.