PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm hoping to meet an incredibly charming lady at a church festival. She likes pipes, so I'm thinking of Molto Dolce. Good choice?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you just hit the lady killing jackpot with that blend. :clap:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Virginia Slims? :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

I wouldn't suggest smoking your pipe on a first date. Molto Dolce might be a good blend to smoke beforehand, but you want to put on your best behaviors. I would wait until maybe after a dinner (after the first date) breaking out your pipe on a long walk. My reasoning is this... you don't want her to associate you with her grandfather or uncle, or anyone else, and pipes have a way of triggering olfactory hues of memory. A smell and the sight of the pipe will conjure up associations for her. Even if she already knows you smoke a pipe, just let this first date be her building a memory of you, just you. Then maybe on a later date, when you feel comfortable, you can smoke you pipe after sex diner. :::cough cough::: :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great advice above, but might you need help in choosing the right pipe shape for this important moment? And do smoke a shag cut, being sure to mention the type every so often to implant subconscious ideas.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
"Pipe trolling" worked well with naïfs in college. Combined with liquor, a one-two punch for the practitioner of the "arts of seduction." Probably shouldn't be the "go to" move for this day and age as it severely limits one's target audience.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Molto Dolce is probably it. For those who can't do that somewhat moist delicacy, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, with condimental portions of Virginia and three liqueurs as flavoring has a nice bouquet while being more tobacco forward. But for a full court press, MD is your baby, or will attract your baby. Wow, Cosmic really has this worked out; he sounds like The Hudson Institute (a think tank).

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
If you are "hoping" to meet her it means you have not met her yet. How do you know if she likes pipes?

If you have met her, talk to her and find out what she likes about pipes. Ask her what aromas she likes and go from there.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
I agree with cosmic!! You don’t want to be associated with her dad or uncle ( unless she has daddy complex lol )

So I would build an image in her mind on the first date then go from there. Unless she brings it up.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Cosmic really has this worked
Roj-oh, Tom. Today's "smooth move" is a lot less neanderthal/cosmopolitan, a lot more metro-something. Or so I've been told, anyway. I got yanked off the market a little over 35 ago.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The other approach is to weed out the "non-hackers" (thanks, Ermy!) right away.
Stomp in there with your Cob General stuffed to the brim with some Creeping Death blend and find out what the candidate is made of!
macarthur.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
And do smoke a shag cut, being sure to mention the type every so often to implant subconscious ideas.
I would also mention references to rope and rubbed out..but stay away from flake :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.