Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Scott McClelland (no relation to the tobacco company). Scott is not your stereotypical grandfatherly or fatherly-type pipe smoking figure. He is a carnival sideshow performer, and a Necromancer. He is certainly a colorful and interesting fellow. We expect this to be quite an interesting interview.
Scott-McClelland.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Necromancer. :lol: I had to look that one up.
nec·ro·man·cy (nĕk′rə-măn′sē)

n.

1. The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead in order to predict the future.

2. Black magic; sorcery.

3. Magic qualities.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
I loved this show! Scott is definitely a colorful character. It is amazing that he too is preserving a family business. The idea of a traveling show(s) really brings me back to my childhood. The carnivals would come to town and we could check out all of the sideshows. Some of which my parents really didn't approve of! Not only is the content appealing but the nostalgia of it all.
Another thing I thought was interesting is that he can’t tell you who made his pipes. He smokes what he likes and likes what he smokes. Now THAT is the essence if a pipe smoker that smokes for the pure pleasure of smoking. Nothing pretentious about him.
Plus, he enjoys a good port with his pipe! My kind of pipe smoker!
Another great show, gentlemen.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Wow..what a fun and interesting interview....don't know if I'll ever get to Canada but I would love to see these shows live!!! I loved the creativity and uniqueness of Scott's performances..and being from New Orleans, I just love everything that's involved with "things that go bump in the night".

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Way to go guys, and way to keep this a secret from me!
I had sent messages to Brian and Scott regarding this idea. I've been to two of Scott's shows, and he's a member of the Ottawa pipe smoking group.
I'll have to chastise him when he comes over one afternoon in the near future for some Port and a few bowls.
Warren

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Warren, he is a ver interesting and unique fellow...If only New Orleans wasn't so far...how much fun it would be to spend an evenings listening to his stories while smoking a few bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.