PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Well I have been looking for a Tudor Root 3* bent bulldog to replace one I had int he past. Well I scored one on ebay. Les looked over it and said it looks like it sat in a window for a while but it is unsmoked. I will be having a new tapered cumberland stem and change the band out for a basketweave band.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tudor Root, eh? Very interesting designation. Must be stummels left to cure since Henry VIII.....? :)
Great looking pipe, and really like the photo second from the top.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Great stuff. I thought Wood had retired completely -- glad he's doing some custom work for you.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Les is a good friend and doing work once and a while when he gets bored. Keep your eyes out at pipes2smoke.com as he just sent some to him. Maxim should receive them shortly and put them up. He turned 69 and is enjoying his retirement, but he and Dolly do get bored and miss working in the shop.

Reactions: lordnantwich

benpipesmoking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2017
Les is a good friend, I lived a few houses down from him and met him while living in the UK. He makes a mean cup of tea to go with his pipes

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well Les got the pipe today and started working on it. First step is the stem. I am really getting excited about this pipe. This is one of the top of my grail pipes list.

17310396_10154675357108863_68190915_o.jpg

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Ah I am sure Les will do an amazing job. Only reason I did the ebay thing is an unsmoked 3* came up and we didnt know how long it would have taken for one to come in the shop. It has been on my list in his shop for a few years, but a piece of wood with the right grain for a tudor root bent bulldog just has not happened. This knockes the #1 pipe off that list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of my prized pipes is a Ferndown from a Forums member. They are inspiring pieces. Great photos here.

Status
Not open for further replies.