PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I can honestly say I have tried aromatics once or twice and I do not recall my thoughts about them. I was in the process of buying some St. James Flake and saw Firedance. Sounds pretty delightful. What are your thoughts about this blend and is their any other aros that are similar but better?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
It's unique to be sure. Are there any aromatics better than Firedancer? Sure. Many. It is probably best smoked in a filter pipe, 9mm if you have such a pipe. It may well ghost your pipe. One day, I'm going to get a 9mm filter pipe and revisit some aromatic blends. Some say they smoke very well in such pipes. IIRC it has a (strong) berry topping along with that Lakeland essence. You may very well find it your Arcadia. I didn't buy a second tin.
Mike S.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I have smoked this and really enjoyed it. It was a delightful blackberry flavor and the brandy and vanilla really play well. It does need to be dried out before smoking it.
Also I have never tried a urinal cake so I can't compare the two :lol:

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I smoked a couple bowls of this blend about 2 years ago. I honestly really enjoyed it. It had a great virginia taste and I loved the room note. Everyone has their own opinions I know. I have never smoked a urinal cake, unlike some guys that posted earlier but I really dont think it would taste like one. I think it is worth a shot.

rsteve

Lurker
Dec 25, 2014
It tastes like the urinal cake after a frat party.
I think that comment is rather insulting to all the urinal cakes of the world. Having smoked a pipe for almost 52 years, I can say without equivocation, Firedance Flake was the most off-putting tobacco I've ever attempted to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.