PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Hello all,
While looking through Savinelli Pipes after my most recent case of PAD the last few days, I noticed that pipesandcigars now has the savinelli seconds/natural/series III pipes again. These are basically unfinished pipes that they sell for a lower price - I actually have a nording billiard like this that smokes like a dream. What I love about them is that they color over time- gives unique character to the pipe. Anyways, consensus seems to be that they smoke really well and are a bargain for $50. I just purchased two pipes and am a bit low on funds, otherwise I'd also get one. But I thought I'd let everyone know because they have been relatively hard to find and a lot of people thought they quit producing them. Great option for a starter pipe in my opinion. I will list the link below!
-booknerd
Savinelli Naturals

waxmojo

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2013
I bought one years ago. It was not only unfinished but not fit to be finished. One side of it had a huge flaw that was filled in. Many other spots also filled. It also was not drilled all that good. Very tight. To me it was a sold off rather than burned. Of course the ones now offered may be better and pictures certainly look better than the one I got but I would have been better off buying a few cobs.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Interesting to hear a con for these pipes, as most of what I have heard has been positive. Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick - thanks for the comments though, perspective is important for those considering purchasing one. I have yet to get one of these - we will see.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Well, at least if the pipe is unfinished, you'll know exactly what the blemishes in the briar are in number and severity. You can usually return it if not smoked.
I would assume there would be some pits or blemishes, or the mfr would keep the flawless block for a more expensive pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.