PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Just broke down and ordered my first Savinelli and tin of Escudo. Found that I really enjoy P&C's Anni Cake so I ordered myself a little buffet of VaPers to sample along with it. I don't know that the Sav will end up being my dedicated VaPer pipe but I decided to use the discovery of a new blend type as a good excuse to have an extra pipe in the rotation to dedicate to it. Any of you VaPer fans found a particular pipe or bowl size/ shape that really fits VaPers in your opinion? So far I've found that my two best with the Anni Cake are my Nording freehand (huge bowl) or my Storient Meer. Your opinions?

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Well I personally love the taste of a cob with vaper but others will disagree with that. Also Vapers smoke much better in a smaller diameter taller bowl, that's egg I have heard here several times and have found to be true myself. My best advice though is to smoke it in whatever you want and see what you like best. :)

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Forgot the picture of the Savi. Duca Carlo, one of their lower end pipes but all I could justify spending after the TAD attack I had along with it.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I have a Duca Carlo billiard and I absolutely love it. Congrats on the new pipe...I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I use mine for VAs and VA/Pers as well and it does well with them. I like mine without the filter or converter, but you'll find your own way to smoke it. Enjoy!

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Nice Sav! I dig the saddle bit. My Peterson 150 shape has one; it's almost like it's not there. Enjoy that Escudo, too! Tasty smoke.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I like tall medium shaped bowls for VaPers, anything with a large bowl for a straight Va (I have a Sav Milano Dexluxe 315KS that loves Va), and any cob for something with a high amount of burley. I find a Va/Per/Oriental (like GLP Cairo) is great in anything, but best in a tall medium just like the VaPers.

Status
Not open for further replies.