PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Anyone have them? Like them, hate them?
They do seem to be a pretty unique shape, sort of a bent dublin-pot.
Looks like they might suit my tastes since I like wide shallow bowls and I love the Savinelli 315's.
Post up some pics if you have any!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I have two. Punto Oro Mister G, and a Savinelli Silver 316. They're great smokers as always. I've never had a Sav I didn't like. On my phone right now, so no pics. I think they're posted in the Savinelli show off thread.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I'll have to post a pic when I get home from work, but I enjoy mine, with just a couple of reservations. It's an antique shell, rusticated with a lucite stem. Overall, it's a good smoker, however, I remember it taking a while to break in. I own quite a few Sav's and rarely do I come across break-in issues. The only other complaint, albeit minor, is the design sometimes lends its self for lit tobacco flakes to fall from the bowl quite easily, given the angle of the pipe and the openness of the rim on the bowl. I've put a few small burns in my dress work clothing because of this, and so I've regulated it to a strictly hunting and fishing pipe. This decision was heavily influenced by my wife's insistence.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Digging up this old thread. I've since owned two 316KS's and I really liked one, a "Night", and not so much the other, a Venere rusticated.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but the 316KS is borderline too big for my taste and the difference between the smooth finish and rusticated finish pushed the latter into the slightly uncomfortable realm when holding.
If I ever get another 316, it will definitely be a smooth finish like maybe a Punto Oro Gold.
002-033-31558_1.jpg

Although the rusticated versions are better looking overall then the smooth versions. This one is really nice.
002-033-35821_1.jpg

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
@ seacaptain, the 316 is a favorate shape of mine. I will need to get them out for a pic. I have several.....as well as similar from other makers....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not a fan of pot shapes, but have often thought about getting a 316. I really like their Alligator offering.
002-033-25185.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice flow and balance on that design. It may be influenced by the Sixten Iversson design done for Stanwell on the shape 86, except that that pipe is shorter and thicker, more like a pocket pipe, but still with an ample bowl. The Stanwell is definitely called a pot. Of course the classic pot is basically cylindrical with a rounded bottom, and Sav makes good versions of the one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.