PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forums members and others sing the praises of Savenelli pipes. At any price point, Savenelli seems

to deliver one of the best products. The company seems to have a superior source of briar and treats

it well. Most Savenelli pipes of any size are ligher weight denoting a more aged briar. Sav is most serious

about engineering its pipes so the size bowl is balanced to the airway, and the stem and the shank match

up with precision. Their finishes are first rate, and their Italian sense of style and balance is unfailing.

I'm sure someone somewhere has gotten a Sav pipe that wasn't right, but I've never heard of it. This is

the opportunity to sing Savenelli's praises, or disillusion me, if only a little. One of Savenelli's distribution

hubs used to be near me, though I'm not sure it still is. They did not have an outlet, but I stumbled across

their pipes, both basket seconds and stamped first line pipes, and only after I had purchased two or three

did I realize that their quality wasn't just my luck.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I agree. Savinelli's main asset is their consistency. I have about 10 at different price levels and all are winners for me. For the money you cannot go wrong.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I guess Savinellis are OK since I have nine of them. Just received an Autograph bent Dublin with a bamboo shank. Never had a problem with them and I like the balsa filters. When it comes to forward interpretations of classic styling, ya just can't beat dem I-talians :wink:

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
When I got into this, I had bought three other pipes before I got my first Sav. My advice to anyone starting into the hobby? Start with a Savinelli and go from there. No sense in throwing good money after bad (or not as good) pipes.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I came late to the party with Savinelli pipes. After the first one, I bought another, and another, and another. So far I own 4 of them - from mid to low Series III price range. In a word, they are consistant, far easier to break in than a Peterson (of which I own several).
They are the only rusticated pipe that I actually like. Their styling is a little more updated than the classic Petersons, something that held me off at first, but now I really like. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Savinelli to anyone.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I have four Savs. I have one new and three estates.

They all smoke consistently well. One of my four has the balsa filter and I still have yet to use the filter.

I find they are more consistent than Peterson.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I got a Savinelli Natural straight billiard for less than $40. It has a fill that goes all the way into the bowl near the top. It is one of my best smokers. It's my workhorse. When I'm mowing the lawn, tooling around in the garage, etc. it works. No fuss, minimal relights (usually none). It is also an extremely dry smoker even without it using a balsa filter. Just great.
My Savinelli 3/4-bent churchwarden also smokes very well. Not as good as the straight, but still, very well.
Just my 2 cents.
YMMV
-Jason

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Savinelli Savinelli Savinelli...

I do have 5 Savinelli from Classica to handmade Autograph.

But still dreaming more and more...

I really like them the way of smoking.

thedudeabides

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
I have an old Savinelli Capri sandblast that is a real treat to smoke. I cannot speak to the newer offerings, but this 30-plus year old version is a great little pipe. Having said that, all my Italian pipes have been good price performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.