PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have some well-loved (by me) Savenelli pipes, but nothing high level, pricewise. I do wonder

about the designation of the high level pipes as Autograph. They are handmade, but I don't

think they are identified with their carvers, so they aren't exactly Autgraphed at all. Does anyone

know if carvers are identified, and if the pipes are actually signed?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you for clarifying the Autograph moniker. That makes sense. Interesting that woodsroad's

Autograph is so big, for him it's ungainly. I have two really big pipes, and they're good for really

long smokes, but they do require a special occasion. One is a big old Johs apple (the big apple, I

call it) and I really like it.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
There are a handful of master pipe makers working for Savinelli who take turns making the Autograph pipes. I don't recall their names, but there was an article in P&T about the Autgraph series. You might be able to find it online somewhere.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I like the older ones, with vulcanite stems (and no filter). But, they typically are too large. Grading goes from 1 to 000. The Guibello D'Oro line is of a similar quality but smaller in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.