PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just saw this beautiful new Nording at Pipes & Cigars:

pm-pndcat7-dpng.jpeg

Now if someone doesn't buy this gorgeous pipe in the next 24 hours, my PAD restraint will fail, and I"LL end up buying it, and I can't afford it (although it is very reasonably priced). It is a Nording with black and burgundy stain, partially sandblasted, which is rare, and cost just over $70. Won't someone buy it before my judgement fails and I end up buying it? Please?

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
We all know that at this point this pipe is as good as on your door step. Might as well do what everyone knows as inevtiable.
Nods to stvalentine. The stem is gorgeous.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
It's like watching someone standing on a ledge and we're yelling "jump!" . . . Obviously we're demented, go for it!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I say grab it. I've got one in the $900 ballpark chewing my behind right now. At $70, you won't be digging out of the hole for very long. Very attractive offering from Nording.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I couldn't resist...I pulled the trigger...darn you all....I want donations to cover the cost of this pipe!

Actually, I got it because it fills a gap in my collection: A large chamber, not as big as a giant, but larger than the regular pipe. And a unique sandblast over freehand work. At least I have a rationale.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
It appears you have been saved sparrowhawk. Just think what would have happened had you not purchased that pipe. No need to thank us! :wink:

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
PAD is a strange thing...one of my lesser favored pipes apparently fell from my pocket during my travels the other day, and the first thought that popped in my head when I discovered the loss was "I get to buy a new pipe now!"

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just got a call from Paul's Pipe Shop that they are sending me a shell grain with a deep green translucent stem. I have sung the praises of the Cayuga line of pipes at Paul's in other places, thinking I'll never have to buy another pipe that isn't a Cayuga, then comes along this Nording. So now I'll have two pipes to add to my earlier haul of two pipes from Paul's and the entire set of Cobbits. But I'm gonna beat this PAD, I really am, really I'm going to...no thanks to you guys!...six pipes, and it's not even the middle of the month...Argh!

PS: ,,,and five tins of Molto Dolce and two tins of H&H Caramel Apple Pipe. I'm doomed.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm usually able to hold off a couple of months between pipes, but then the PAD makes up for it when I do purchase a pipe. I was hoping to build a pipe cabinet this spring designed for 35 pipes. Now I'm wondering if that's going to be enough. On the other hand, I do sell pipes that have lost their attraction for me, so i'm hoping that somehow it balances out.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
35 pipes won´t be enough, remember you´re doomed! My cabinet has room for 60 pipes and I already run out of space. If I don´t start to sell a few estates this weekend I will have a very hard time to come up with a rational reason to buy more estates. 8O
P.S.: We´re all doomed.... 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.