PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Another pipe from stop in Albany tonight. This is a Four Dot Rustic Moorgate.

The pipe and stem are near mint. Only the "Made" from the Made in England stamp is faded. The stem is oxidized but flawless, including the flat taper on the bottom.
I'm on not a fan of the pot shape, so this one may end up back on the market.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I love a Pot shape. That looks like a fine specimen. Did Sasieni make a Moorgate with a saddle stem?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I love a Pot shape. That looks like a fine specimen. Did Sasieni make a Moorgate with a saddle stem?
Yes,
moorgate58s-465x600.jpg

Al, you found yourself two nice pipes!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
ssjones:
It looks as though this pipe has gone to pot. Better send it to me! :)
Actually I like both its shape and the rustication, and my guess is that this would be a fine pipe for end-of-the-day smoking on the piazza. Whoever its previous owner(s) may have been, it was certainly well cared for.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Nice pipe sir, I myself enjoy the Pot shape. I own only 1 Sasieni 4 dot Ruff Root Dark straight Billiard. Pretty sure it would be a good smoker.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks guys, this shop, "Edleez" in Albany had about 50 pipes from the same estate. The gentleman traveled to Europe frequently and had good taste in pipes. There were a number of BBB and and Dunhills there as well. The Dunhills were priced correctly (so no deals). Some of the BBB's were set pretty low. I don't know enough about that maker to make an educated purchase. I'll probably be back!
As you can see from Dave's catalog page, Sasieni frequently made pipes in a taper stem and saddle. When the saddle stem was used, an "s" was added to the name. I'm a fan of the taper stem mouth piece, so this one fit there. I'll get it cleaned up over the weekend.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Hey Al are you planning on smoking that pipe sir? Just curious since you said you did not care for the Pot shape.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
dmcmtk, Thanks for posting the catalog page. As usual, I am more inclined to the saddle stem.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was a busy boy this evening, and finished this pipe as well. This thing is nearly mint. I was surprised that it only weighs 35 grams. I listed it on Ebay at a pretty high BIN, so well see if anyone bites.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That came out great!
And just found your listing. That doesn't seem that high to me considering the condition (and the crazy prices Sasienis have fetched lately). I wonder if it will last till morning. 8O

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I did chose "international shipping", hopefully someone in Asia has to have it! I need to pay for these two recent acquisitions...I picked up the Barling's with a thought to resale - but after holding it for two nights and the clean-up, that one is a keeper. I wish this Sasieni was another shape, its unlikely I'll find another in this kind of condition.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I understand Japanese men buying English pipes more than I understand their purchases of American muscle cars. Congratulations on a profitable sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.