Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here is my favorite Christmas Card that was sent to me from porshcigar.
The front cover has Santa Claus smoking his pipe.
craigs-card-01.jpg

The inside says; "If he's not smoking a pipe, he's not really Santa Claus, or Frosty the Snowman.
He's just a fat guy in a costume"
craigs-card-02.jpg

Thanks for the great card Craig!
On a related note, there was an absurd and obnoxious piece in the news, "Is Santa Claus a Public Health Menace?"
Two retards actually wasted time publishing a study saying Santa needs a makeover as he sets a bad example. He is overweight, doesn't exercise as the reindeer pull him, and he smokes a pipe.
This is so stupid that you have to ask yourself if this is some parody ... a joke.
It is not.
However, someone did a parody of it which had me laughing pretty good.
Here's the real article:

http://www.efitnessnow.com/news/2009/12/24/is-santa-claus-a-public-health-menace/
Here's the funny parody:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/fit-bits/uncategorized/2009/12/santa-claus-is-bad-for-the-nations-health/

skymuscle83

Lurker
Dec 15, 2009
Well I'm a personal trainer and bodybuilder and I have to personally say that it is flat out stupid that people would like to criticize santa for being over weight and smoking a pipe!! I've noticed a ton of new frosty and santa pics don't have them with there pipes anymore!!! I'm just 26 and when I was little both had pipes and everything. Now some moron wants santa to lose weight and stuff! That pisses me off! I hate how some stupid people feel the need to change things that have been the same way for years and years!! Especially something as stupid as saying that santa needs to lose weight and lose the pipe! ugh!!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The poem, A Visit From St. Nicholas (aka. The Night Before Christmas), is by and large responsible for establishing a lot of the Santa tradition. I suppose it will eventually be censored or re-written by the Politically Correct crowd. For now, however, it states unambiguously:
The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

I rest my case.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Great card. Sometimes I don't feel change is always for the best. Look at the world today. I ran with scissors, ate paste, and drank from the hose, I turned out ok........

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Criticizing Santa for being fat is almost as stupid as when they were calling for Seasame Street to change Cookie Monster's name, as his pigging out on cookies was "a bad influence on children".

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You're DAMN RIGHT they smoke a pipe! And the Leprechaun at the end of EVERY RAINBOW! Better Recognize. lol :puffy:

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
i am so sick of people trying to neuter our culture! bowl full of jelly and stump of a pipe is damn right!

soylentgreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2011
I think you mean the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue).
Sir, my hats off to you for a 1984 reference. That is without a doubt my favorite book of all time. +100!
Funny, I'm re-reading that now. I noticed that even the Ministry of Plenty allows a 100g tobacco ration. Still, I wouldn't trade places with Winston. That would be doubleplusungood.
Besides... no way Santa and Frosty would be allowed a place in the Big Brother pantheon.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Now a question for you. I ask whens the last time you saw a TV or heard a radio comercial where they actually say "MERRY CHRISTMAS"? If you think about it, its been a while, the censors and the political correctness is "for" me killing the spirit of Christmas, and take Santa's and Frosty's pipe, now what, he aint taht jolly no more....

my Christmas rant is done.

And oh, by the way....... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, (oh cant say that no more either....)

Status
Not open for further replies.