Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Lest we be haunted by our past....
soviet-censorship-naval-commissar-vanishes.jpg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
There's an interesting book "The Commissar Vanishes" that shows all the photos (even back to the time of Stalin's youth) where he made people disappear, even a few where he decided he didn't want to share the spotlight with Lenin.
But it was all in good clean fun, after all our own guys thought he was a good chap.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I notice Stalin doesn't have his trade mark Dunhill pipe in his mouth. Maybe he should start a thread asking for one! :rofl:

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Yeah...and forum member Andrew had him rubbed out.
For several reasons:
1. He was a flake. Who knows, maybe he drank a lot of rum. Navy Flake?

2. He burned much faster after being rubbed out.

3. He had a better flavor rubbed out than simply folded over and stuffed in a hole.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Repeating, like a bad meal, is to be expected.
Eliminating all traces of one's transgressions is another. Why, just today, I was looking for a topic here that had been going hot and heavy for a few days and...poof...Stalinized. Gone. Vanished. It's as if that train wreck of a thread had never happened.
All of which brings me to the obvious conclusion: Tarheel is a Time Traveler. There, I said it. He went back in time, got a second chance and went with it.
If you check back here, and find this thread Stalinized, or me in front of a firing squad, then that will be your confirmation of my suspicions.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I did not realize that Stalin had that done to the photo with Nikolai Yezhov, a.k.a. the Bloody Dwarf. Is Stalin still alive and selling shiny pipes out of Texas?

Mar 30, 2014
wv
The Soviet Story
If anyone is a history buff, this is a must watch. This is the most brutal documentary I've ever seen. For instance, did you know that after the allies liberated the concentration camps, they turned some of them over to Stalin to put his own people into?
The first video is the trailer. The second video is the entire documentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YPmoJT1PRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZjyyAE-78&list=PL14FojJvMZXiXqMgAMVC0lWoQofMsPhuy#t=163

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Some of us choose to Stalinize our lives, some do not. Some of us will learn from our mistakes, others are doomed to repeat them. But more importantly, it's all those witty, wise, snide and snarky comments that I miss!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton
http://www.reformation.org/wall-st-bolshevik-rev.html

Status
Not open for further replies.