Sanibel- Fort Myers Beach Florida-- Pipe Shops?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hey Guys-

I'm heading to Sanibel in two weeks for spring break with my two daughters. They're teens now, and I'll be able to duck away for a bit now and again. Any Pipe/Cigar shops worthy in the neighborhood? I was in Sanibel 8 years ago, but was on pipe "hiatus" at that time.....

Thanks!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
The closest I'm aware of is Bennington's in Sarasota- good blends, fair selection of pipes, but more emphasis on cigars- about a 2 hour drive north...and if you actually take the trek, feel free to drop by and have a bowl at my shop...I usually have cold beer and a couple of pipes I'm working on...

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Thanks Zack!

I'm not sure if I'll make the 2 hour drive- I do a LOT of driving in my routine workweek & I'm looking forward to loafing in the sunshine! However, its not out of the question, and if I do, I'll PM you. It would be an honor to meet you and enjoy a bowl and a beer. I've admired your handiwork here and it ALWAYS impresses me. I remember that dainty little Dunhill copy you did a while back, modeled after that one on Ebay................I still dream of that one time to time!

This is the one: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/ok-so-i-couldnt-afford-the-1500-dunhill :worship:

Thanks for the invitation!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
There is a small cigar shop in downtown Ft. Myers, but I never encountered any pipe shops (well, not Tobacco...) anywhere near that area. It is a great place to spend some time so enjoy your trip!

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
There is a super nice CIGAR shop, Bonita Smoke Shop, located right on Bonita Beach Rd., just off Rt 41 in

Bonita Springs. Can't remember well its stock of pipes and tobacco, but you can check them out on their nice website. It ain't close to Sanibel but neither is it a 2-hour drive!
I shy away from making any substantial purchases while away. OK to browse and pick up some tobacco and odds and ends. But one bad experience purchasing a mid-range pipe from an B&M while on a trip left me cold. Hard to carry-on a dispute long distance.
I'll be in SW FL (and the West Palm Beach area too, come to think of it) beginning next week, so let's hope we're

blessed with good weather and biting fish).
Enjoy your trip!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Thanks Al & jrtaster-

I'll most likely visit these. In truth I'll probably reach for the cigars anyway.............

Something about that Florida weather, to me anyway, just SCREAMS cigars! Wintertime in Ohio is pipe time for me, but in the heat/humidity of Florida a cigar tickles my fancy.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.