PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Is Samuel Gawith Black Cherry available in the USA?I have been looking everywhere for a tin but am not having much luck.If someone knows where to get ahold of this tobacco I would know.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Its not the Top Black Cherry its just called Black Cherry and its by Samuel Gawith I am pretty sure Gawith and Hogarth is a different company.From what I can find its not available anywhere in the USA but I am still looking and thanks for the response.I am going to look at 4noggins right after I post this.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
You are correct. I've never heard of SG Black Cherry being available here.
It exists as there was a thread about a month ago in which there was a link to another forum (in Spanish) where someone visited the SG factory and took a ton of pics.
HERE IS THE THREAD
If you follow the link in that carlosviet posted, some way down is a picture of a bunch of tins that look like their current lineup and in it is the Black Cherry you are talking about. When I win the lotto/make it rich as a loafer/invent a special whirligig that does something everyone needs to be done, I'll make the trip to the Lakeland District and it up the factory. And you can bet I'm brining a bunch of hard-to-find/unavailable blends back with me.
-Jason

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
i know that mr.snuff ships snuff to the USA, not sure on pipe T but they have....
Gawith Hoggarth Kendal's Mixed Blackcherry 25g

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL

Rich Black Cavendishes together with a generous amount of Sweet Cherry generate a room-aroma second to none. With satisfaction for both the smoker and the surrounding company, Black Cherry Cavendish is a "must" for lovers of aromatic tobaccos.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Oh! 8O No teasing here.

I was just offering evidence that Ohiopuffer wasn't imagining it. The pic came from/links to SG's web page, but I dunno where to buy it.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I have only found one place that has it and I am not sure if it can be ordered from the USA from them.I really want to try this tobacco.I love the sweet stuff lol.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I found some of this stuff at The Danish Pipe Shop who is a sponsor here and they ship to the U.S.Thought I would let anyone know who is looking to try some.I just got some and am going to try some of it very soon.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Found G&H Cherry in the rope form:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/gawith-hoggarth/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=4019

I've been wanting to give this a go, I've been known to chew these ropes as well as use it in my pipe.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I found some of this stuff at The Danish Pipe Shop who is a sponsor here and they ship to the U.S.Thought I would let anyone know who is looking to try some.I just got some and am going to try some of it very soon.
Is there a difference from the Black Cherry to the Top Black Cherry?
I get the Top Black Cherry twists from P&C. They also carry it in tins. If you wish to compare the twists to the tin that you have coming, I'll be happy to send you some medallions that will just need to be cut or rubbed out.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow. Threadromancy! I'd forgotten about that photo tour of the Samuel Gawith factory.
Thanks for the heads-up on the Black Cherry. I had the G&H Top Black Cherry and was seriously under-whelmed. I'll have to give this one a go.
As a side note, I'll steer clear of the rope. I had another SG rope and damn near died for the experience.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.