PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Well, to say that I am a newbie to the world of pipe smoking would equate to stating that sun rises on the east))

I am in the process of discovering what to do with a pipe and how to .... well... everything

All of my pipes (8) are estates I picked up on Ebay or fleemarket, one of them is BC that had a stinger, but I drilled out the stem to fit 6mm homemade balsa filter.

Recently I purchased BF here on the forum. For my first bowl I rubbed it. dried it and... pure disappointment.

Today I learned about folding tobacco and decided to try. Did not bother to dry the tobacco and... OMG!!! what a difference, tobacco tasted mild, had a very light taste of cherry and some nuttiness. I was sitting outside and the light wind created a bit of a drag, so I did not had to puff hard as I usually do. I discovered "sipping".

Marvelous. I felt completely satisfied after about 20 min into the bowl. I let it go out and can not wait to re-light it tomorrow in hope that it will taste even better.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Glad you enjoyed it ... I find it to have a nice creaminess and it does relight quite well.
If you want to try a straight Va/Lat with more Latakia, I recommend Lancer's Slices.
Also, in case I didn't already ... welcome to the forum! :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Balkan Flake is very nice stuff. SG's Navy Flake is a younger brother - less lat, slight rum topping. I like it as a change.

I'm a fold and stuff guy, myself. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.