PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
I just received some SG Best Brown for the first time and was initially impressed with its flavor and tin aroma: stewed fruit and tobacco. But, after opening the tin and transferring to a mason jar the flavor and aroma slowly changed, over several days, to more of a mild baked goods aroma and the flavor lost that nice stewed fruit taste and became very mild also. Anyone else experience this also?

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I like BBF and keep a supply in my cellar. It is one of the few flakes I rub-out instead of cube. I smoke this stuff in a smallish bowled Savinelli Churchwarden with tasty results. For me, BBF has to be the first smoke of the day as other tobaccos foul my palate for the subtleties of this blend.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
First, welcome to the forum.
Roth's post pretty much sums up my experience with BBF. I cellar it, but only tins. When I open a tin I let it dry out for several days before transferring to a jar and smoking it. I don't smoke a lot, but consistently smoke a couple of bowls a week.
I haven't noticed the issue you describe, either. :puffy:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've experienced the same thing with BBF (FVF, also). All of the tins I've had have come very wet and has a weird (but nice) smell that only BBF and FVF seem to have. That dissipates after a while. I'd never really given it much thought before now, though.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I recently got into virginas but its hard to explain the flavor of it, doesnt seem as easy to tell the flavor as latakia but still love the taste of it

Status
Not open for further replies.