PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
After work yesterday I relaxed with a bowl of Squadron Leader in my new Peterson Mark Twain. This was my first bowl of SL and I really enjoyed it. Mild taste, no bite, burned well - only three re-lites - (I was smoking out doors with a very mild breeze) - I really like it. Hard to rate a room note out doors of course but I think anyone down wind would not have minded it too much. If you like English blends, and I know that SL is an old standby, then I commend this one to you. Just a reminder that this review is from a newbie to the pipe smoking world.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Do any of you SL smokers have an opinion of how it compares to C&D Black Duck. Black Duck is my first English/Latakia blend and I find that I really enjoy the woodsy campfire aroma. It also ends on a slightly sweet note. I find it very satisfying, but I am looking for one like it that might even be better. Never know until I try it. If I always smoke what I always did, I'll always get the same flavor.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i am smoking a bowl right now and i must agree the mellow flavor fits the day very well.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
A very nice all day English indeed, surpassed only by Peterson's Old Dublin,IMO.
I think these two blow Dunhill's comparable blends out of the water.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks Roth. I think add both Good Morning and Squadron Leader to my TAD list. Can't ever have too much you know. I do love me some Black Duck in the evenings after work.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I have some Peterson's Old Dublin but have not tried it yet. Thanks for the recommendation. I will work it into my rotation. I also have SG's Skiff Mixture, so will be trying that too!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
dlattim, if you like black Duck you may want to consider C&D'd Mississippi Mud. Black as midnight, good lat blend and not as strong as it looks.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I have an estate Sasieni bulldog dedicated exclusively to SL. Smoking it always makes me feel like I'm readying for a dawn patrol.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I just picked some up myself today and will be enjoying it on the drive home from work.
Jason

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
It's an okay smoke. It just leaves an after taste that is not good to me. Gave it many chances, but it must be a type of tobacco that is mixed in it. Love Larry's blend that taste somewhat like it, just without that after taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.