PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i rusticated and refinished these when i carved my kit pipe to get a little practice in.

the straight is a coolmor. a great little smoker, but was just old and beat up. the birdseye on the right side of the bowl had went greyish and he had a lot of nicks and dings. he needed a face-lift that would show his age but hide the travelling wounds.

the bent one is an algerian briar mastercraft i grabbed last week. there was really nothing wrong with the finish i just really thought he would look better this way.

coolmorleft.jpg

coolmorright.jpg

coolmorbottom.jpg

coolmortop.jpg

mastercraftleft.jpg

mastercraftright.jpg

mastercraftbottom.jpg

mastercrafttopleft.jpg

mastercrafttop.jpg

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Hot damn. Really dig the work you did there. That MC looks like it was meant to be that way.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
thanks guys.

alot of the rustification i saw from buckeye when i first got on here really helped motivate me to try it out. i think there may be something about ohio and making chit look beat up.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
flipfops - i had seen photos of some bulldogs finished in that style and really loved it. when i found the MC it had the perfect shape for what i wanted and was so cheap i didn't fear digging in and torturing him with the dremmel. and thanks sir.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Good work jason. Where are you from in Ohio? I grew up in Niles, went to University at Kent State University, and moved to Cleveland when I was 22. Lived there till I was 33. Moved to Canada after that and have been here since.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
i grew up in loveland, outside of cincinnati. recently returned here for the first time in a long time. staying here a bit then moving again.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
nice work. we need to meet up sometime. i am cheviot not to far from you. could show you my gouger.another way to chit up a pipe.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.