PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So, two of my favorite blends are C&D's Black Frigate and Mac Baren's Plumcake. Both are English blends with rum, and I am wanting to explore this genre further. Any suggestions for rum soaked English blends?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I have been reading about Sextant. Sounds very interesting. May even make an entire subdivision of the genre in my cellar if I can find several blends. Sextant is on the list, thanks drennan!

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
G&H Rum Flake
C&D After Hours (a VA rum flake)
And, although it's an aromatic, you might want to give Milan Sunset Rum a go. Gets massive reviews.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I drink Pusser's Navy Rum while I smoke my English blends. So I guess I'm infusing myself and the blends.

Samuel Gawith Brown Rope #4 adds rum to the blend. Nice blend with a substantial kick.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I drink Pusser's Navy Rum while I smoke my English blends."
Ah, Pusser's, "The Single Malt of Rum." Here is a link (Pusser's Rum) to the history page of their Website, and which shows an image of one of two 200-year-old WOODEN pot stills used in the production of their rum.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Ah Pusser's, GREAT STUFF, but for my tastes I still prefer the Mt. Gay Extra Old. I visited the distillery a few times over the years, and that stuff just can't be beat.

+1 Papipeguy---Rum and English blends-- Great combo.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I stashed several bottles of Oronoco before it was discontinued, and love to sip it with my English blends.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
+1on the Blockade Runner thou it isn't and English.
Luv me Pussers but in the red label which is an hour drive for me to get now.

Rum.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.