PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Until last night I thought this was a VA/Lat mix. Knowing now that it is not, I think I may want to give it a go. Not sure I wanna buy a tin without knowing what to expect from the topping. Can any one describe the topping or enlighten me more on this blend?

deanp

Lurker
Apr 20, 2013
Love RY. In fact, thanks for the recommendation! LOL. I'm going to pick some up right now. My normal online vendor is running a 3 and 1 deal on Dunhill tins, so looks like I need 4 more tins!

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I tried it for the first time last night. My first bowl was really enjoyable but man did I hate the room note. I thought I might be imagining it so i tried another bowl this morning and same thing, good smoke but even while smoking it the room note bugged me. I dont know what it is but it made my smoking room/clothes and hands all smell like id been smoking cigs. I have never smoked a blend where the room note actually bothered me so I'm not sure what it is thats givimg me such a foul odor from this blend. I will continue to smoke this stuff but outside only.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Interesting thoughts so far. I would love to share a bowl and discuss with someone offline of course.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
If you can take the vitamin-N of this blend it's OK. Since I am a nicotine wimp I only smoked it one time and cellared the rest thinking that it may diminish the nicotine over time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Can't be of any help since I haven't smoked Royal Yacht, but I'll be interested to hear what others say because I have

a tin aging. So far, I see, maybe I should smoke it outside. People either love it or hate it, but everyone seems

impressed one way or another.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I recently smoked up a tin of it. I use to smoke it back int he 60's when I was at school. I returned to pipe smoking just this year and started with a tin of Royal Yacht. Knowledgeable people say it's not the same as when it was made in England, but I can't remember that well. I thought it was great and enjoyed it. Tobaccoreviews.com noted this about flavoring, "A unique flavor is added to the final blend to enhance the subtle and piquant aroma." I can't speak for room note because I smoke on the back porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.