Royal Marines versus US Marines......Boxing.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I won't spoil it for you by telling you won but I will say the best team won :puffy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-44009823/devon-royal-marines-and-us-marine-corps-in-boxing-battle
Regards,
Jay.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This post reminds me of one of my favorite military jokes. Jay #1, you may need to help us figure out how Her Majesty's Finest fits in.
For the record, I have mad stacks of ammo, coffee and tobacco and will curse bitterly without provocation...
Marine Corps Rules:

1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.

3. Have a plan.

4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.

5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet ­ even your friends…

6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)

9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.
Navy SEAL's Rules:

1. Look very cool in sunglasses.

2. Kill every living thing within view.

3. Adjust speedo.

4. Check hair in mirror.
US Army Rangers Rules:

1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.

2. Locate individuals requiring killing.

3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.

4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.

5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.
US Army Rules:

1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.

2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.

3. Curse bitterly.

4. Curse bitterly.

5. Do not listen to 2nd LT's; it can get you killed.

6. Curse bitterly.
US Air Force Rules:

1. Have a cocktail.

2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.

3. See what's on HBO.

4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"

5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation.

6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.

7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.

8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.

9. Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.

10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.
US Navy Rules:

1. Go to Sea.

2. Drink Coffee.

3. Deploy Marines

jay-roger.jpg

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
<p>Well jaytex969, as a former Jarhead, I do agree with your assessment.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not related to boxing so much, but the U.K. military and the U.S. military recruit in different ways, with different expectations. Many or most U.S. enlisted military people volunteer with perhaps previous training in a different career, and thinking of options for other careers after a hitch, or several, or after retirement, so it is a sort of chapter in their lives. My sense is (no expert) that most U.K. military people see this a a lifetime career choice. That's sort of who they are and what they are, and they're all in for life. There are advantages to both cultures. A retiree from the Royal Navy snorted at the mention of the U.S. Navy, which to him likely looked like slackers and misfits.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
... the slackers and misfits from whom they had to get all their carrier planes in WW2 because the RN had no suitable carrier aircraft and use USN tankers to refuel at sea because they didn't have any in the Pacific.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Depends on the fight in the Dog. Watched a WWII Swabbie in the 60s destroy a LSU,NFL football player twice the age of the LSU man, you never know, me I bet on the Swabbie.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
... the slackers and misfits from whom they had to get all their carrier planes in WW2 because the RN had no suitable carrier aircraft and use USN tankers to refuel at sea because they didn't have any in the Pacific.
Seriously?
Chill dude. It's called humor. You know, "having a bit of fun." Go smoke a bowl or something, OK? :roll:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Thank you George, I suspect your observations sadly will be clearly missed by matey.
Sometimes some folks will see a thread or comment and for some bizarre reason try to twist it to mean something that was never intended. They generally go by the name 'anonymous' and they do the forum no favours.
I sometimes wonder why I make such humorous posts, in fact I wonder sometimes why I come here in the first place. I try to raise a smile once in a while....not cause conflict but there's always someone who just doesn't get it and wants to sour things.
Regards,
Jay.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You go to a party to enjoy the people you like, not to fret over the ones you don't.
Keep 'em coming, Jay #1.
jay-roger.jpg

Dec 28, 2015
Jay, I don’t know what form of political subversion you are trying to pull here but I will figure it out. Then I will expose you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.