Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Rough Auction Weekend.

(7 posts)
  1. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This weekend had a really good array of upper middle to high end stuff on ebay. I'm on my phone and not retired si I don't have time to link all the good ones. I missed out on some great deals hoping to get an uber score.

Pipestud in particular had a decent weekend. I bid on like 6 but was generally blown out by one $20 per bid. As he will tell you, I am usually closer than that when I'm pulling the trigger.

I then turned to several other sellers with the brass ring being either the von erck ending in a couple hour or God willing that crazy Connoy on coopersark.

I missed on 2 Estella's that went under $50 and 2 (or 3, I'm tired) Boswell's that went under $ 65 hoping.

Nice '60s ODA went at 204$ too. It was nice.

Well the Erck is at $430. Worth it, but past me, and the Connoy shot up to $800. Totally worth it, but, again, past me.

I got nothing, so ordered 1.5 lbs ea. of SPC Deception Pass and Potlatch and 8 oz each of and so to bed and Margate from esoterica.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Someone listed a Peteson, Pre-Republic 999 Premiere Selection this morning as a BIN. It lasted about 15 minutes....

Al

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

QQ

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Boy, auctions can become a whole avocation in themselves. Maybe hit the flea market or antique circuit instead for a while.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

With work, travel, parenting, and newlyweddedness, I have no chance of getting out to antique places. We HAVE been to some estate sales, but mostly hunting furniture for the new house.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sonuvabitch. I just missed one of those french rubber twisty tobacco holders. I am cursed this weekend.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This was a VERY tough weekend for me as well. Lots of amazing pipes and I bid high on quite a few but to no avail... Pipes I'll likely not see come up again. It's so frustrating!!! Sad

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   unkleyoda, pianopuffer, samuelgawith01, pitchfork, mikethompson