PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
This weekend had a really good array of upper middle to high end stuff on ebay. I'm on my phone and not retired si I don't have time to link all the good ones. I missed out on some great deals hoping to get an uber score.
Pipestud in particular had a decent weekend. I bid on like 6 but was generally blown out by one $20 per bid. As he will tell you, I am usually closer than that when I'm pulling the trigger.
I then turned to several other sellers with the brass ring being either the von erck ending in a couple hour or God willing that crazy Connoy on coopersark.
I missed on 2 Estella's that went under $50 and 2 (or 3, I'm tired) Boswell's that went under $ 65 hoping.
Nice '60s ODA went at 204$ too. It was nice.
Well the Erck is at $430. Worth it, but past me, and the Connoy shot up to $800. Totally worth it, but, again, past me.
I got nothing, so ordered 1.5 lbs ea. of SPC Deception Pass and Potlatch and 8 oz each of and so to bed and Margate from esoterica.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Boy, auctions can become a whole avocation in themselves. Maybe hit the flea market or antique circuit instead for a while.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
With work, travel, parenting, and newlyweddedness, I have no chance of getting out to antique places. We HAVE been to some estate sales, but mostly hunting furniture for the new house.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This was a VERY tough weekend for me as well. Lots of amazing pipes and I bid high on quite a few but to no avail... Pipes I'll likely not see come up again. It's so frustrating!!! Sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.