Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Am intrigued by Savinelli's fat author shape and then I see Rossi makes a similar pipe for a very cheap price. So, anyone familiar with the quality of those pipes-what's it like?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Savinelli makes Rossi pipes as a secondary brand. The Rossi pipes are pretty much the same as the Savinelli pipes, but may have a fill or two and many of them don't take the Savinelli balsa filters. I have one Rossi pipe and it smokes really nice, and is well made. The Savinelli pipes have better finishes and have more shapes and nicer stems sometimes, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Rossi if it fits your budget better.

I have a Rossi Lucca 8320EX Author. Nice, well made pipe. Black rusticated, with large, 1 inch diameter bowl. Great smoker too:
002-577-1499.jpg

Reactions: Dramacroyal

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Savinelli makes Rossi pipes as a secondary brand. The Rossi pipes are pretty much the same as the Savinelli pipes, but may have a fill or two and many of them don't take the Savinelli balsa filters. I have one Rossi pipe and it smokes really nice, and is well made. The Savinelli pipes have better finishes and have more shapes and nicer stems sometimes, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Rossi if it fits your budget better.
This.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I have a Rossi Author and use it daily. It smokes very well. It's a heavy little SOB that's not good for clinching......It uses a 6mm filter if you like or comes with the insert.......Well worth it!!

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I've been eyeing a Rossi 8320ex. Seems like good value for money. Didn't know they were Sav's

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I have both the ex and ks size Rossi pipes. Great smokers and the Vittoria line is an unbelievable deal for a pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't have the 320, but I have a Vittoria and a Palermo, and they smoke as well a Savinelli, very good I think.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Dang, might have to get me one.
Smoking pipes usually has them; a Rossi 8320 Rubino can go as little as about $55 US. They're pretty good little pipes and as already pointed out, based on the Savinelli line and dimensions.
If you like the shape, you'll like the pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
I have four of the Sav 320 and I absolutely love them. I've had a great smoke out of all of them every single time. Even from the very first smoke.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I have the Rossi Rubino Author and absolutely love it. Will end up buying more for my Latakia blends

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Just purchased the Vittoria version and am looking forward to it with great anticipation. Less than $50 with shipping. This will actually be the first non-Peterson pipe I've bought in about 10 years. :P But my is that chubby author a very attractive shape.

wnclee1

Lurker
Jul 6, 2017
Does the Rossi Vittoria and Rossi Rubino, shapes 8320, have large, deep bowls even if the AD doesn't bear that designation? Thanks, Piedpiper62 (LeRoy L.)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Rossi Vittoria prince also has a wide chamber, and I find this just right for blends of three or more tobaccos, especially when you get into those blends with five or six. I think you get more variety in the ember at once, and you really get the taste of complex blends as intended. The broad bowl takes a blend from pretty good to downright entertaining.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
LeRoy, my Vittoria author is deceiving as, due to its compact shape, one might not realize until you pack your first bowl how much tobacco it holds. Of all my 60-ish pipes, only my Hungarian holds as much tobacco as this pipe.

joekf0xv

Lurker
Mar 21, 2018
I have the Rossi 8320 Rubino. Been smoking it for about 1 1/2 years now.

Smokes C&D Big'N'Burley just great. Good looking also. I am going to get the 8320 Vittoria soon for non-Latakia blends. Big bowls also.

Status
Not open for further replies.