PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I am about a quarter of the way through Edmund Morris amazing, Pulitzer-prize winning first volume of his Theodore Roosevelt biography. I cannot praise or recommend it highly enough: The best biography I have read, the best book of any sort I have read this year. A thrilling read about a man whose life hardly fits on the page.
(I am glad I'm reading it on my Kindle -- at 960 pages, it would be hard to hold onto the book and a pipe at the same time.)
Roosevelt Rising

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
It is an excellent volume, not sure if it is the best biography I have read, but in the top 5 for sure. EDIT, top 5 including the other 2 volumes as a set. :)

toehead

Lurker
Jun 8, 2011
I agree it is one of the best biographies I have ever read. I have read all three in the Edmund Morris series on Roosevelt. He really did live a remarkable life even if I disagree with some of his views he always had the people in mind with his decisions and never his career. That is why he was so loved.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
I'll be sure to give this a read when I can, since Roosevelt is one of the examples of a truly great leader and man among men.

Status
Not open for further replies.