PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Was just listening to Olie's podcast with Rokstarpipes. Sounded like an interesting shop so I went to the website and it seems to be defunct.
Did he relocate Rokstar, or close or does anyone know what the deal is? Couldn't find any info with a cursory search.

May 4, 2015
I am familiar with Rhox Pipes - this was a different operation. Rokstarpipes.com seemed to stock "unconventional" pipe shapes, lesser known carvers, etc. Olie Sylvester's pipes were available through his site apparently. I don't think the proprietor (Jay Corcoran?) was a carver himself.
The podcast was from 2 years ago, so who knows what happened.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Just saw a post from Jay on Instagram...looks like he's selling his last remaining pipes...don't know any details...

May 4, 2015
Ok. I did some social media digging and it looks like he walked away back in May at least for the time being.
Shame - it seemed like his site was a good repository for some progressive and unconventional stuff.
Life's hard in the world of retail.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Jay decided to walk away after the Chicago show this year. He is in the process of selling off all of his remaining stock.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
Oh, and I thought this thread would be about this cool rock n' roller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0L4kPdMFNc

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
ay decided to walk away after the Chicago show this year. He is in the process of selling off all of his remaining stock.
I heard the same from a friend I smoke with, he has 2 RS pipes and talks em up all the time.

rockvillepete

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2013
I was afraid Rokstar was no more when I couldn't find their site. Always sad to see a B & M or internet pipe retailer close shop. Jay had some very nice pieces, especially one by George Boyadjief that I very much regret not picking up.
If you're looking for a similar site that sells out of the ordinary or pipes by progressive and/or up-and-coming makers, check out True North Briar of Alberta Canada. Cody has a good selection of pipes by some of the same makers that Rokstar handled.
I picked up two fantastic smokers from True North that were made by Martin Paljesek, a maker I wasn't familiar with. Rokstar, True North and a few similar sites led me to discover some outstanding pipemakers who would have otherwise remained unknown to me. For that I'm grateful and sorry to see Rokstar go.

Status
Not open for further replies.